Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Colors That Make People Smile

Please see the post below :)

After I posted it, I realized that the outfit looked really cute with my sunshine yellow waterproof "walker" jacket purchased this spring from an L.L. Bean catalog that I wore this morning. 

I don't remember the exact price, I think it was under $100. It has a printed pattern fully-stitched in flannel lining which gives an extra layer of warmth for cool days and the outermost shell is 100% cotton glombed on to some kind of waterproof but breatheable material. I found it too warm for spring but it's perfect for right now, and the sunny yellow color makes me - and other people - smile. I've received four (4!!!) complements on that jacket from complete strangers since I started wearing it this fall, off and on, over the past few weeks -- because it was threatening and sometimes even actually raining.  I also received a complement on the coat on a cool but sunny day, so I think it's the color during this time of year that is cheering people up.

Good Fashion Tip:  Wear colors that cheer you (and others) up!

Fortunately, I look good in the jacket.  I discovered two winters ago that L.L. Bean's Women's Petite XL fits just right on my current figure, although I can't wear belted looks (the belt loops are too high instead of being at my actual waist); otherwise, the sleeve length and width across the shoulders is right, the girth (for a generous mid-section) is right, and the length is right.

I tried to find a photo of the jacket but had no luck.  I will attempt to take a usable photo of the jacket, but not tonight, I've got shoes to shop for.  It has five large yellow buttons down the front, buttoned epulats at the cuffs, and a buttoned belt accent across the back.  It covers my butt and ends a few inches longer, and is cut loose, a sort of A-line look but not a swing coat.  It has a button-on hood that I took off.  I tried to and failed to be able to save a "gif" from the L.L. Bean website of a coat with a different style but a similar color :(

No comments:

Post a Comment