Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Friday, September 23, 2011

More and More Sweaters!

It seems I have developed a real thing for sweaters as part of this urge (? - not sure what it is) to be more style conscious.  I was going to say "fashionable" but I don't think that truly applies; I'm doing a revamp rather than a total make-over, I think.
 
Anyway, I have already purchased several sweaters for the season and have a sort of Wish List of sweater I'd like to buy but just haven't been able to talk myself into spending the money to do so.  See, for instance, Sweaters at Ann Taylor that I posted on September 19th.

So, I added these off-the-cuff purchases from the Rainbow store at the Shoppes at Grand Avenue a few days ago (Photos of Some New Stuff!).  Rainbow #1 received a lot of complements when I wore it to work the very next day with a beige scoop neck tank and the HEATHER TAUPE slacks (one of five identical pair except for the colors) by Briggs of New York.  I'm planning to wear Rainbow #2 some time next week.  I'm pondering whether to wear it over a black, red or white long-sleeve mock-turtle neck.  Too late in the season now to wear it over a color match tank top, unless we get a heat wave (it's been known to happen in Wisconsin). 

That beige scoop neck tank was one of four I purchased on sale at Boston Store by Laura Ashley: beige, white (to go with a 3/4 length sleeve white fly-away matching sweater), black (ditto), and a beautiful fuschia color that will pop with a black slacks and sweater.  I don't have images of them, but look at these! 
At J.C.Penney - American
Living - I want!
At J.C. Penney - Liz Claiborne -
I want!
I love these sweaters. I especially like the texture and color of the sweater to the left.  I've noticed I've an affinity for shawl collars - when I'm not dreaming about cowl necks.  These sweaters have a similar look to the ones I picked out at Ann Taylor (see above).

I have several grey sweaters, including a medium weight all-over cableknit pattern, round neck and long sleeves -- so long I have to roll up the cuffs so they don't cover my hands, that I purchased hmmmm - you know what, I don't remember when I bought it, and identical brown and wine-colored sweaters from Kohls.  I've worn them a lot during the past 2 or 3 winters (maybe longer).  They are comfortable and I wear them over long-sleeve mock-ne!cks or turtle-necks, but they are not exactly "fashion forward."  LOL!

I need to mix things up a bit more!  I need to get rid of anything that doesn't fit properly (like those 3 comfy Kohls sweaters).  I'm still looking for a grey cowl neck (a BIG cowl neck) in either short or long sleeves.  I've pulled out pages from advertisements in Vogue and Elle into a Wish File.  No way, of course, can I afford those designer looks but I'm hoping to find some reasonably-priced close-enoughs!  So far, no go.

While I'm at it, let me add a few more sweaters I really like:
Bandolino Bleu at Boston Store.  I love this sweather!  I love
its length, the style, the closure, the cable-knit detail.  A tunic-
length sweater - grey!  Me and grey, geez.  The price is right too,
under $40 on sale right now.  I think I'm going to buy it.

Alyx at J.C. Penney - I like this.  It's cut almost to be a "sweater
dress" but I don't have the figure or the legs to pull it off.
But as a tunic sweater with a long sleeve shirt underneath
to ward off those minus zero temps in Wisconsin in December,
January and February, yeah.  I love the color-block effect.

Is it perhaps because I don't have a waist at present that I
am attracted to these looks?  Bisou Bisou at J.C. Penney,
belted cardigan in black and cream.  Love the big bands of
contrasting texture/color and the different weaves.

 
Notations cowl neck cable-knit pattern sweater
at Boston Store.  This is brown (don't like color) - I
love the sweater.
Okay, enough for tonight.  You get the idea.  LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment