July 16, 2017:
Hola! Where does the time go, Geez Louise! Half summer is already gone, and I am first now updating this from last December, tsk tsk. Bad Jan! So, been busy puttering around the yard, as always, and paying more attention than I probably should be to politics. The kitchen "remodel" is on hold due to budgetary constraints, but I hope to have that remedied before the end of the year. And I have yet to paint the guest room - it's only been 3 years now since I moved in to this version of Maison Newton, I'm not lazy or anything, nope... LOL! Take care and have a great rest of the summer. Jan

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Vogue's August, 2011 "100 Under $100..."

It's still up and running tonight - don't know about tomorrow.  I don't know when it will switch over to September (or if it does - was this a one-up event?  Don't know - I've only recently started visting Vogue online and I'm not familiar with its modus operandi).

Anyway, it's a really clever idea and I liked scrolling through it.  My eyes lighted upon this "color-block" look - a nice top I thought - I liked the colors, liked the lines, liked the blocking - except it's described as a dress!  For a midget maybe, yeah!


Honestly, darlings, does that look like a dress to you?  A Star Trek uniform for females from the 1960's television series, yeah - but definitely not a dress!


These are two interesting and wearable looks with no alterations needed!  I could not resist the chessboard patterning!  I love the colors and the overall outlines - I think this top and this skirt would be very femme friendly; for those of us who are a little more thick around the middle, a top just a few inches longer (resting at the top of the hips, I think) in a more generous flared cut, and with some ease under the arms, would do the trick:



I love this clutch!  It's so archaeological!  Topshop metal Silver Shanghai print box bag, $90



No comments:

Post a Comment