Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Stella McCartney's Color Block Optical Illusion Dress

I've been reading about this style of dress here and there.  It was featured at OMG Yahoo a few weeks ago and one of the sewing blogs I follow wrote about it a few days ago.  Personally, I think the original tri-color version is fall off the bar stool ugly. The women who are wearing the look are not in need of any figure enhancement illusions!  How would such a dress work on someone like me - with more padding around the waistline than is good for me?  Wouldn't do a damn thing, darlings!

This version of the Stella McCartney dress costs $1595.  For what, I ask you?  Of course, if you're Kate Winslet, you can afford that kind of piffling money for a new look but, trust me Kate, your're gorgeous without any "figure enhancing illusion."  Don't let anyone tell you you're not drop dead gorgeous because you're not built like a frigging walking stick!  Here's the story at the Beloved Rag, The New York Post.  You can see another (different) photo of the beautiful Ms. Winslet in this dress, as well as photos of Kim Kardasian in the identical dress and Liv Tyler (wearing a blue and black version) from Fox News.

Sorry, Stella, the white top part emphasizing the boobs looks
like a poorly-executed cheerleader's outfit.

I found not one but three similar looks while window shopping at Macy's online, each less expensive than the other and all under $100 (one on super-sale)!  Fashion Nirvana!
Calvin Klein color block sheath, $139.50 on sale for $79, Macy's.
NY Collection color blocked sheath, $54 at Macy's.
Yes, that's the regular listed pricde!


Alfani color-blocked dress, Macy's, $99.
I like the capped sleeves and neckline particularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment