Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Update on those Light Weight Woven Sweaters from Rainbow Shops

I visited Rainbow Shops in the mall downtown today and found the cutest style of sweater!  I just love it.  Haven't been able to find an image of it, it's not included in the Rainbow Shops style book for autumn online. 

It's a sleeveless cardigan style that buttons with two large buttons on a tall collar.  It's a sort of mandarin-style collar is the closest description I can come up with at the moment.  The knit is thick and soft, so probably acrylic (I didn't check the contents labels today, I was short on time).  Other than those two buttons and a hidden button on the backside of the collar to hold it upright in place when the two "showing" buttons are buttoned, that's it for closures.  The sweater is designed in an A-line and is long - ending a few inches above the knee.  It looks rather like an artist's smock.  The best part is that the back of the sweater is a marled look and the front is a sort of knitted ombre look, graduating from a pale beige color on top to a brown color at the hem!  There are two patch pockets in front a few inches above the bottom of the sweater. 

The sweater also comes in a pale grey to black ombre look with a black/grey marled back.  I like both colors very much, but I already have a lot of grey and black in the closet.  Some of the looks won't do for winter - too light-weight - but this sweater will be perfect.  A lighter long-sleeve knit for November and the beginning of December, and a heavy cotton long-sleeve turtleneck for late December and January.  I'll go back tomorrow and try them on - didn't have time today.
Today while I was looking through the Rainbow Shops style book for autumn online, I spied the two light weight knit or woven sweaters that I wrote about back on September 20 (I think).  Those sweaters have garnered many compliments.  This is not how I wear these little sweaters!  I wear them over a long sleeve blouse or turtleneck with dress slacks. I can tell you that they look much better on me than they do on the hanger!  On the left is the multi-colored "poncho" style sweater; on the right is the red/black/white/grey short dolman sleeve sweater.  As you can see, they're also very cute with jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment