Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Monday, October 31, 2011

Versace for H&M

I just learned tonight that a new H&M store has opened with my reach - at Southridge!  It's a 10 minute bus ride away!

I read an article last week about Versace designing a line for H&M at Yahoo OMG, and I wrote a big article here about it, showing my favorite pieces, except none of the images I'd saved would open!  I do not understand why Versace and/or Yahoo would do it when I wanted to give these pieces an - ahem - audience here :)

Now I can't find the original article, but here is the complete collection featured at fashionista blog.   

There are many pieces that are ridiculous.  Others are beautiful, and still others are definitely wearable.  This assumes that one has the right figure :)  I don't.  But some of them are beautiful and not outrageously priced, considering you're getting a top name designer.

Here are a few of my picks:

Above, pink silk sheath with gold studs, $199!

Beautifully designed!  Sleeveless tank with gold and silver studs in Grecian key design, stretch jersey 100% cotton, machine washable (cold)!  Best of all is the price $49.95.  There is a matching skirt and also what are either leggings or jeggings with the same design. 


I copied this one the other day from that Yahoo article - it's called a "cape" dress - gorgeous!  I didn't see it, however, at H&M or at the fashionista blog.


This scarf was another item that caught my eye in the Yahoo news article, but I did not see it at H&M or the fashionista blog.


This is also an exquisitely tailored menswear tuxedo jacket that I clipped from the Yahoo news article, also didn't see it at the H&M website.  In a small enough size with rolled up sleeves (if you didn't want to play for alterations), it would suit a femme beautifully, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment