Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Seeing Red

One of my favorite colors, it takes up several hangers in my closet, and that doesn't include a pale pink fisherman's knit cotton turtleneck, a deeper pink cotton turtleneck, or a wine-colored cotton blend cableknit sweater!  In honor of Valentine's Day, soon to be with us, and in honor of Boston Store, who put together a very clever marketing campaign:


Calvin Klein ruffled sweater dress, on sale for $61.59 from $118.00.
It has great lines (figure-flattering for those of us without waistlines) and a great color.


Ellen Tracy "jewel side" dress (there's a "jewel" at the waistline).  I find the jewel tacky but the dress is otherwise lovely (it reminds me of a Grecian goddess dress) and could go from work to cocktails - just remove the "jewel" before you wear it!  Originally $134.00, now on sale for $69.99.


Evan-Picone Surplice V-neck dress with gently ruched side, a gorgeous dress!  I love the slightly more ruby-toned red, too.  Originally $99, marked down to between $60 and $70 (not sure why the price differential, unless they're charging more for larger sizes -- you know "more material", argh!)


I am in serious love with this mini-handbag that measures a mere 7½" x 5½" x 2".
It has great lines, love the faux-croc, and a shoulder strap you can use if you choose.
It's Relativity's "Charmed" Crocco mini-bag on sale for $24.50, originally $35.


No, Boston Store has not hired me to shill for them!  Check out these classic pumps.  Now I'm
not a platform shoe gal; in fact, my last encounter with a pair of heels (in St. Louis) did not
go very well, but these almost look - well - comfortable!  How that could possibly be,
I've no idea.  They're by Circa Joan and David, called "Pearly" and on sale for $89.


This sweater is more my speed, darlings :)  It's by Jones of New York and marked down from $99.00 to an incredible $22.20.  The description says "slightly open stitching" and "cami not included" --
well, guess I'd better buy a red bra and cami!  Wooooo woooo, getting sexy in my old age.  As long as this isn't a "dry clean only" number, this is going home with me tomorrow night after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment