Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Shopping for Celadon II

Oh Oh.  I made the mistake of going to Overstock.com just to "look" at the area rugs.  I haven't even begun digging around there and already I found two beautiful BIG rugs for great prices (about 8 x 11 more or less and under $200 each). 
This is a Loomed Free-form Aqua Rug -- I chose this photo because I think it shows fairly true colors of the "shades of aqua, ivory and brown."  The other two photos of the rug were much more pale.  These colors, however, would really go with my planned color scheme of medium to dark taupe walls (Dutch Boy's "Family Tree" on upper part of wall and Dutch Boy's "Superhide White" on the lower part of the wall -- that was the plan and for now it is staying the plan).  According to comments I read the measurement is about 8 x 10' 7" more or less.  It doesn't have fringe - that is a good thing.  Fringes are very hard to vacuum!  The blue-green (or is it green-blue?) color is lovely.  The "brown" could very well be my "Family Tree" medium to dark taupe color.  The price is $175.09.


This is the only photo available at Overstock.com of another Loomed Free-form Area Rug in Seafoam.  If this photo is accurate, the field color is just about spot-on -- it's not blue and it's not green, it is a true combination of both.  It's difficult to tell what the other colors are really like, though, from this image.  The description says that it has "shades of seafoam, ivory and brown."  The described size on this rug is 7' 9" x 11' 12" and it's priced at $196.  One reviewer said that this was more "green" than "blue" and it was what she had been looking for.

For the size (would more than fill the seating area in the family room, leaving a nice border of the underlying medium taupe carpeting), both rugs are a great price.  The reviews were mixed on both. 

Okay, the only thing to do at this point is to keep on window shopping, and I will see if I can find other images of these Loomed Free-form rugs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment