Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Care Package!

Today I received a care package from my honorary sis in Las Vegas, Isis or - 'Sis!  It contained:

(1) A beautiful ceramic egg with a robin and nest on one side and a saying written in gold script on the other side "Every spring brings a new beginning."  So true, so true!  I gently washed it and it is now sitting on top of my spring decorated mantle!

(2) A tall drinking glass with a pink elephant graphic on it, to add to my collection of pink elephants.  I gently washed it and tomorrow I will gingerly add it to the glass curio cabinet that houses my collection.

(3)  The cutest "egg" shaped votive or candle cover decorated with little birds that are tipped in gold paint.

(4)  Decorative plate with a "Kelly" green egg decorated with gold relief against a white porcelain background, and a patterned gold-relief border around the plate rim.  I have never seen anything like it.  It simultaneously "goes" with my collection of eggs made out of various materials (including an actual blown-out ostrich egg on stand that was given to me years and years ago by a very special person) and will be something I will work into next year's spring mantle and/or decorating schemes around the house.

It was dark, cold, rainy and gloomy here today and I'm not the best at taking photographs in the best of circumstances, not to mention I probably could get a much better camera now for $100 than my 2005 Nikon Coolpix 5600.  But it still works, I'm just not up on the special settings I should be using to take pictures in the dark or candlelight and stuff like that. I should learn, just don't want to take the time to do it.  Anyway, I did not photograph the entire new mini-treasure trove, but I will tomorrow, which is supposed to be bright outside once again.

I did pull out the camera and tried a few photographs of the bird/egg votive cover.  It's going right now on the table in front of the single window in the family room, which I'm facing as I'm working on the laptop.  They didn't turn out  good, but here they are anyway:


Just looks like a glowing blob in the photo above. 1990's lamp (one of a pair) - hmmmm....  They are in perfect shape but I'm soooo tired of them!


This photo turned our fairly clear!  See the beautiful little birdies perched here and there inside the openings where the candle light is glowing through, as well as the crowning bird with flowers and leaves.  It's a very pretty piece, about 6 inches tall and, as you can see, egg-shaped.

No comments:

Post a Comment