Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy 2012 Mother's Day!

To all moms everywhere, Happy Mother's Day!  You do the hardest work in the world, raising children and taking care of your families.  I salute you all. 

Mom and I had a lovely long chat yesterday afternoon.  We talked about lots of things - we always do!  I updated her on some family tree stuff, too, and she was fascinated.  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find anything that pushes mom's family lines back further than about maybe 1820 or so in Poland.  However, new information and records are constantly appearing and I will keep looking.  For her birthday later this month I'll lug the laptop over to Mom's house and show her the FT now that I've got Family Tree Maker on this computer and have downloaded all of the information from ancestry.com. 

Here was last week Saturday:


Here is today:


Oy!  You can see I seriously need to sweep up the nut shells that my squirrels left behind on the deck, and I'll get my work-out in today cutting the grass out back.  It's on a slope and takes extra muscle power :) 

Enjoy your Mother's Day, ladies!  Here's a bouquet just for YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment