Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Being Lazy - Neglecting Projects

Hola darlings!

I am being sooooooo lazy lately.  I blame it on the ridiculously hot and humid weather in SE Wisconsin for this time of year.  Ummm, not a really good excuse but - it's an excuse! 

Instead of doing all the stuff around here that needs to be done, I'm like on permanent summer vacation :)

Yesterday I did exert myself long enough to move the sprinkler all around the backyard all day long (in between bouts of sitting on the deck with my feet up with a big glass of ice cold cheap pink wine) to keep it nice and green back there.  And last night I took some bad photographs of the living room mantle as I experience it at night.  Do I wish I was a better photographer?  Yep.  Do I want to learn how to do it better?  Yep. Will I?  Nope.  Don't have the time right now. So just grin and try to imagine what it really looks like at night with the candles going and my little lamp doing it's thing -- soooo happy I put it up on the mantle.  I should have done that YEARS ago! 


By day, it's a regular mantle, nothing out of the ordinary.  But at night...

I think it's really special...



I especially love the egg-shaped shadow (look at the picture in the middle) that is cast by the lamp underneath the bullseye mirror.  It is so Goddess!

No comments:

Post a Comment