Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Monday, September 3, 2012

Fashion Night Out 2012

Hola darlings!

I am happy to report that Milwaukee, WI is joining in the 2012 Fashion Night Out Celebrations across the land on September 6, 2012!

I first became acquainted with Fashion Night Out a year ago while visiting St. Louis to attend a meeting of the Chess Collectors International and the Kings v. Queens Chess Tournament at the St. Louis Chess Club in a tres trendy re-gentrified district.  The area of St. Louis in which my gal-pal Isis and I stayed was beautiful, the hotel was uber-swanky (we had a mini-suite at a fab price), we felt like princiesses, and the weather gave us a break in early September by not being TOO hot and humid.  Thanks, St. Louis!  It was there I first read about Fashion Night Out.  I did not have a chance to do any serious shopping while in St. Louis, but now that I know Milwaukee stores in the trendy Third Ward area near downtown will be participating, conveniently after working hours (6-9 p.m.) I will stop by and have some champagne.  Buy something too.  None of my clothes are fitting these days as I've lost 11 pounds since the beginning of June, and although I swore up and down that this weekend I was going to take in a lot of my slacks... Well, it didn't happen.  Sigh.  Didn't even get the grass cut! Mom's health issues and sudden new information from Mom that added new to the family tree kept me fully occupied.  Really, I know I should be more concerned about well-fitting slacks!

I urge you to check and see if there is going to be Fashion Night Out "dos" in your area and to attend and support your local merchants.  Here's the blog from Bon-Ton -- in Milwaukee they operate Boston Store, one of my favorite places to shop, particularly since Gimbels went out of business in the 1980s (I was born and raised to be a loyal Gimbels shopper).  I still miss Gimbels, and I'm glad Boston Store is still around!

For Milwaukee Fashionistas, more information on the doings in the Third Ward after work on September 6th can be found at M Magazine! 

I would love to try on one of those color block dresses that has the black inset panels on the side, a very slenderizing look so I'm told. Check out these two Calvin Klein dresses on sale at fabulous prices at Boston Store right now:
Calvin Klein: $88.99 on sale now at Boston Store!


Calvin Klein, $87.99 on sale now at Boston Store!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment