Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Holy Hathor - Passed My First MN Blog Anniversary!

Hathor is the cow-headed goddess of ancient Egypt and she predates the Egyptian dynasties, nobody knows really how old she is!  So instead of saying Holy Cow I say Holy Hathor :)  Just a little aside...

I can't believe it.  For some reason, I figured that I had started this blog in February, 2012, but when I looked back a little while ago I saw that my very first post for this blog was on September 17, 2011, so I started it shortly after I got back from my trip to the CCI meeting and Kings v. Queens Tournament in St. Louis.  Wow - how time flies!

So, Happy Anniversary to Me :)



Every blogger knows that it's a love/hate relationship with your blog(s).  Mostly love, but sometimes it's a drag, particularly if one feels obligated to blog every day no matter that you maybe don't have anything to write about, or just don't feel like writing. When I started the Goddesschess Blog to accompany our then online website (we took it down some months ago, but I suspect it will be resurrected again) back in April 2007 I never suspected that I would get so intently caught up in it.  But I did.  But I have also got over the thing that I must post every day else the fans will go away!  Well, for Goddesschess that's very important to us, of course.  Fortunately, although I've lightened up my blogging at Goddesschess blog, our fans have not deserted us!

But Maison Newton, which is purely personal and not to advance any goals other than those of my ego, which are goals, I'll admit, but not very worth ones, not like supporting getting more females to play chess because of all of the game's known benefits in developing emotionally and cognitively, for instance, and helping to promote the game where we can for female players -- well, I'm a little more loosey-goosey about posting here regularly.

Here's to the next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment