Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Beautiful at Any Age: Thelma and Louise Revisited

Hola darlings!

Having recently celebrated my 61st birthday, I am all for women who enjoy being who they are, being the best they can be and looking the best they can, no matter what their age.  Today's 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's ain't what our grandmas experienced, that's for sure, especially for the older of us babyboomers.  I was particularly close to my Grandma Newton, who passed away far too young.  In her 50's and 60's she looked old, compared to what women look like today at those ages.
Davis at Princess Grace Foundation Gala (2012).
Amazingly enough, I've never seen the film Thelma and Louise, but I am a great admirer of the two actresses who played the lead roles:  Geena Davis and Susan Sarandon.  Now before you say to yourself yeah, these two chicks are hollywood movie stars who have had lyposuction, face lifts, tucks, botox, etc. etc. and have the best of make-up people, personal trainers and lighting (not to mention Photoshopping) to make them look good.  Well - throw all of those assumptions out of the window because both of these ladies are the real deal and they haven't had any work done.  They haven't felt the need!  For moi, other than those damn jowls and sagging neck I HATE so much, neither have I.  Thanks to the L'Bri products I buy from my youngest sister, Yvonne, I've got the best skin I've ever had in my life.  Short of sleeping hanging upside down like a bat, there's little I can think of to counter-act the effects of age and gravity, darlings, although losing some weight has certain helped define the contours of my face, despite the sagging and bagging (yech!) 

We can ALL be the best we can be, we just need to think about it and spend some time on ourselves and occasionally even pampering ourselves rather than always being there for everyone else -- except ourselves! 

Here's a drop-dead gorgeous Geena Davis, who is now 56.  She's been married for 11 years to a man 15 years her "junior" and has three children: a 10 year old daughter and 8 year old twin boys.  Whew! 

Susan Sarandon, October 23, 2012
It IS hard to believe, as the article noted, that Thelma and Louise came out 20 years ago.  Whew!  Where does the time go?  When the movie was made, Geena Davis was around 36 -- and even at that age Hollywood writes women off as "too old" and "not sexy."  Ha!  Susan Sarandon, who is now 65, was around 45 and having her own family with long-time significant other Tim Hutton (they have since broken up). 

Here is a recent (October 23, 2012) photo of Susan Sarandon.  She looks fabulous, as always.  Yeah, you can tell she ain't some 15 year old chick trying to look 19, but she's got class, she's got grace, she's got style, she's got face.  Grabbed this image from a get-out-the-vote drive at MTV, something I never watched (and still don't). 

I want to look like Susan Sarandon.  I need to get some hair hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment