Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Calm Before the (Next) Storm...

Hola Darlings!

It's a gloriously beautiful Sunday here.  The sky is bright blue and sunny, not a cloud to be seen.  I had my early morning constitutional hiking down to the Walgreens and back.  It's cold but not windy, the Sun's warmth feels so good on my face!

When I got back from my trek to Walgreens I pulled out the trusty old Nikon and took some pictures.  There is still a LOT of snow here, and more is on the way, alas!


Current view out of the front door - I've got a nice path shoveled to the road, except for...

 ...the end of the driveway, where the snow is packed and frozen hard!  Very difficult
to attack with a plastic shovel (plastic but very sturdy).  My plan is to -- let it melt...
The storm that blew in from the northeast this past Wednesday crusted everything with wet, heavy snow.
Many of my shrubs and neighbors' too are still crusted/buried in the heavy snow.



 Of couse, deep snow and cold doesn't stop the critters for very long.  One must eat, after all... 
Tracks from the side of the house to the front -- that's my driveway underneath half a ton of snow.
Big snowbanks, but look at that blue sky.  This is my view toward the north.

Isn't this beautiful!  My view out of my front window, looking due east.  Look at that sky! 
Blue skies, smiling at me, nothing but blue skies do I see...

Bonjour, Maison Newton!  If you look closely, you can see I've got the lace curtain drawn up today
to let the sunshine in.  On the left, you can see a good foot of snow depth in the unshoveled part of the driveway.
A view from the backyard deck, toward the south.  My poor juniper bush!  Can you see the critter path from
underneath the sheltering juniper to my deck (that's where I put the food when the snow is this deep).

Evidence of an alien invasion of massive proportions...

 Storm damage.  I wasn't able to get close enough to determine if the arborvitae's branch is snapped,
though I suspect it is, and will, sadly, have to be cut off.

Hark!  What shells do yonder break?  They are hazelnut, and Maison Newton is the source (pardon me, Shakespeare...)

No comments:

Post a Comment