December 4, 2016: Hola everyone! Winter has arrived in Milwaukee and there are snow flurries today. Despite several hard freezes remarkably my "spikes" in two of my patio planters have absolutely refused to die. The rosemary and thyme plants I nursed inside the house through last winter spent the summer in their pot outside next to the side stoop off the driveway, where they get plenty of sunshine all day long. I transplanted them into a cozy sheltered spot right next to the stoop in October and they are still green and growing, too! With the delay in getting the drywall patching done in the relatively minor "reconstruction" work I had done in my kitchen, I am way behind my time in getting the house decorated. But yesterday I got my wreath decked out with extra lights and dressed the front door of the house, and my battery-operated traditional candles were put up on the window sills all around the house Friday evening. It becomes a ritual to go around at dusk and turn the tops to the right to turn the candles "on" and at bedtime to go around and turn the tops to the left to turn the candles "off." Today I put some "glittery" throw pillow covers purchased new last month from H&M on three of my sofa pillows to glam things up a bit in the living room and add some sparkle. Later on, after I sufficiently fuel myself up with wine and snacks and probably to distract myself while I listen to the Packers game on the radio, I will huff and puff and pull my artificial tree up from storage in the basement. I will decorate it simply this year. Every year I say that, and every year I end up throwing just about everything except the kitchen sink on the tree. I am very proud of myself this year, though. I did not buy a single new ornament or Christmas doo-dad for the house (throw pillow covers don't count!!!) Happy Holidays to all, with hope and fervent prayers for 2017. I've a feeling we're all going to need a lot of help from Goddess in the coming year. Jan

Saturday, March 9, 2013

What is it your town can do really well...

....hmmmm, we can sew!  Yes, we can sew...

OH MY GODDESS!  A little while ago to catch up, I visited one of my favorite sewing blogs (yes, I can sew, no, I'm not very good at it, and yes, I love it anyway, just like I play chess :)   10,000 Hours of Sewing.  I love Victoria!  Please check out her blog.  Meanwhile, I hope you will enjoy this film clip from "The Three Amigos", aptly entitled "We Can Sew!!


2 comments:

  1. Jan,

    Thanks so much for stopping by and giving your support and encouragement!! I bought a bike and have started to peddle my butt off, hopefully in more ways than one!! LOL!!

    I am glad to hear that you like Minerva!! She did look creepy at Halloween, didn't she??

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan,

    Thanks so much for stopping by, my friend!!
    I will try to take a better picture of the clock on the wall in the Dining Room for you and add it to my next post on all the Dining Room decorations which will be posted tomorrow... Joe bought it for me in J.C.Penney a few years ago....

    Minerva reminds me of the family in Meet Me in St. Louis going to church at Easter..... I do have fun playing with dressing her up....

    I am very pleased with the New Pope. He does seem like such a humble and inspirational man and that is what this world needs whether you are Catholic or not.....

    Thanks so much for stopping by and for always having such nice things to say.... Your comments always make my day and i better be careful that I don't get a big head!! LOL!!

    Have a great Sunday... We are predicted to get 4 inches of snow tomorrow!! UGH!!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete