Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Storage in Stairs and Stairwells

Hola darlings!

Right now I'm in the throes of watching the U.S. Women's Chess Chamionship and exciting it is, indeed!  Only two more games to go and I've got the live coverage on right now on my other lap top and listening/watching even as I'm working on this old trust Toshiba. 

I didn't want you to think I'd fallen off the end of the world.  I saw this article the other day at Yahoo and really enjoyed it.  Over the years I have seen ideas on utilizing space underneath stair wells - often involving creating an office space or cozy reading nook with built-in seating and shelving, or shelving and cushy wing chair with footstool, but this article really opened up my eyes to many different possibilities, most of which I just cannot imagine would meet United States building code requirements (no railings, too steep a pitch of step to stair ratio). Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.  For the creative D-I-Yers, or those who can afford to hire professional help, any of these ideas can be adapted to your own homes.

10 Clever Under-Stair Storage Space Ideas & Solutions





A wealth of ideas just in these four photos.  Many more ideas by following the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment