Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Monday, October 21, 2013

Cozy Falls Fashions

Hola everyone!

I haven't done a fashion post for a while but an email I received from Sam Moon this morning, an online retailer specializing in accessories, reminded me that bargains are to be had.  I don't get paid by Sam Moon to write about them and I don't monetize my blog.  I like Sam Moon because (1) it offers affordable accessories (2) they are up-to-the-minute on trend (3) they ship promptly (4) I've never had an issue with the quality/condition of the merchandise for the price and (5) I haven't had an issue with delivery. 

I think this ruffly "scape" is cute and would look equally great over a turtleneck, light sweater or blouse:

It is priced at $14 and comes in a medium blue, black, rust, olive, beige and maroon (featured).

The scape, above, is featured under "Scarves" at Sam Moon's website.  This "basic shawl vest" (image below) is also featured under "Scarves:"


It is $15 and comes in taupe (featured), a medium blue, camel, and black.  Below (in camel), worn as a "vest" rather than a shawl - another great look:



 I've been thinking for the longest time (years) about buying one or more of these fashionable neck scarves to wear with my winter jackets and coats.  This one might just convince me to pull the trigger -- I think the colors would go great with my light winter jacket (which I wore today, temps in the low 40's and strong winds, brrrrr):


This scarf is 6 ft. long, "teal and black plaid with frayed edges."  It's priced at $6, and comes in other colors. There are LOTS of scarves to choose from at Sam Moon, all priced less than the local department stores. 

Love this look, so cozy and snuggly looking: 


This is Sam Moon's "multi-function scarf" -- this is the ivory color; it's available in multiple colors.  It can also be worn as a long scarf/narrow shawl, long enough to wrap around one's shoulders to help shed those drafts.  It's priced at $7, 12" x 68" long.  I'm always freezing at the office, something dressy like this would compliment work clothes:


Geez -- I've only just made it to page 2 of "Scarves", LOL! 

I'm a freezy cat and where I work it's always blasted cold! At home, I keep it cooler in my home during the heating season (between 64-65 degrees F) because, especially while sleeping, I'm prone to those dreaded night sweats. The thing is, when at home during the day, I can run around in a thermal turtleneck underneath a sweatshirt with a cardigan sweater or shawl on top of it to keep me warm, and take off layers or put them back on at will.  At night I do the dosey-doe with off blankets/on blankets and sleep in a sleeveless tank top and knit jammie bottoms except when it's 20 below zero, when I switch to fleece. I cannot do that at the office! 

So, I've always got my eye out for modestly priced office-suitable wear that may help keep me warmer when, away from my space heater, I have to traverse the drafty ice-box cold hallways linking offices and common-area spaces or interact with clients in cold conference rooms.  Why do the men I work with never seem to feel cold???

At the end of page 2, I saw this look (featured in black, below) and I'm buying one right after I finish this post, love it!



It's a "cape with buttons."  One size fits all, and it comes in black (featured), ivory, and taupe.  This is perfect for moi because while I'm sitting pounding away at the computer I can button it up and retain body heat.  It is priced at $22.  Below is the same cape in ivory:


Last, but not least, I need to wear a hat that covers my ears when the temperature drops below 50 degrees F.  I get bad ear-aches otherwise.  I prefer berets because there is usually a little bit of stretch to them, I can pull them down over my ears and there is room to tuck my hair up underneath and it looks okay. 

This a cute option from Sam Moon:


It's an acrylic blend beret in charcoal and "beige" (looks like creamy-white to me but what do I know?), and sells for $9 in four color options.  It is 7.5" L -- not sure what that means, but it looks stretchy enough to fit on my head and around my face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment