Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Monday, December 11, 2017

Revised Mantle

Hola!

After three tries, I settled upon a Christmas arrangement for the mantle.  I'm still not as happy with it as I'd like to be, but I like it better than what came before.

You'll recall this is what I started with:


The balance was off; I felt that the clock didn't balance the "bulk" and height of the three candle holders on the other end of the mantle.

I added a second string of lights, and I added the third deer that had been hiding out admiring the Christmas Star from underneath the Norfolk pine on the coffee table.  I tried switching around the tall candle holders, then I added a lantern that I have on the built-in bookshelf.  It's a burnished bronze color.  The clock was removed.  While the lantern looked okay, I thought I still needed some more heft and height on that side of the mantle.

I came up with this as Option 3.  Option 2 didn't last long, and I didn't take any photos of it.  I put the tall candle holders back where they were originally and added a larger lantern on the other end of the mantle, along with the third deer.


So, decorating for 2017 is officially done.  Whew!

1 comment:

  1. Jan,
    Hello, my friend!!! I am so sorry that it took me so long to get back to you but it has been a very busy Holiday Season and i am so behind on my return visits and comments......
    Love your mantle!!! I see that you are enjoying your retirement and I am so very jealous!! Good for you, girl!! I start decorating the upstairs for Christmas as soon as I finish the downstairs for Halloween and Fall, Then right after Halloween, the downstairs stats to get decorated.....I will be visiting with you for awhile and looking at a few past posts...
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete