Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Oh, That Yellow Jacket!

Prior post.

Tonight walking home from the bus stop, I saw a neighbor lady on 81st Street (she organizes the annual neighborhood rummage sale, a huge undertaking) talking to the "twins" (sisters) and their cute little doggy, Dixie.  I stopped by to say hello and chat for a few minutes before heading on -- the sun was headed down down down and I knew my squirrels would be waiting for their evening nut hand-out!  Not much time these days before sundown - before 6:30 p.m. now although on a clear day the sunlight lingers below the horizon until about 6:45 p.m.  We're losing more and more minutes of daylight each day, and it's just damn depressing!

Anyway, today I wore the yellow jacket and the neighbor lady complemented me on its color and cuteness.  The sisters had complemented on it about 4 days earlier when I came across them walking Dixie about 7:20 a.m. on my hike to the bus stop; usually they are not out quite that early; I am more used to intersecting them, as in the summer, about 7:25 a.m.  Five minutes doesn't sound like all that much, does it?  But it's about 2 blocks walking distance, the difference between seeing someone and saying hello, or missing them completely.

So, tonight I determined to hang up the yellow jacket where I could take some photos of it.  These aren't the best - and the jacket needs a good pressing :)  The front photo affords a tiny peek at the inner flannel lining of light blue and yellow print.  It looks much better on me than hanging against the closet door.  These photos were taken with an overhead light on, about 6:15 p.m. (not much natural light left) and without the flash. 




















The jacket has a detachable (button off/on) hood but it's not what I consider usable since there is no way to "cinch" it tight against a breeze -- it would blow right off! So, right now it's off the jacket. Yes, a "cinched up hood" would not be very flattering; on the other hand, it would be warm and keep my hair dry, two primary concerns when the weather is nasty! So, I need to check out whether I can have some cording added to the hood to tie it closer to the head/face, or perhaps a band and some snaps added beneath the chin so the hood can be secured around the hair and face. That will be a project for later on -- the time is fast approaching when this jacket won't be warm enough, and it will be washed, ironed and tucked away to await the spring...

I have to say, seeing this bright yellow color just makes me smile all over again, darlings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment