Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

New York Fashion Week: Marc Jacobs

I've been receiving email updates from Vogue about the goings-on in NYC, along with links and some photos.  I looked through 49 of 56 photos and saw very little that I thought was commercially marketable.  Without the ridiculous "Cat In The Hat" hats and gauche scarves, and those shoes - with socks? - I HATE the look - there were some possibilities.  Does a professional woman - does any woman - really want to look like a 5 year old from the 1950s?  Who are these designers designing for? 








If you would like to see more upscale bag lady fashions from Marc Jacobs, here's the link to the slide show at Vogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment