Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Monday, July 2, 2012

Gump's, Gump's, Gump's!

I love Gump's.  I save their catalogs for reading on the bus trip to/from the office and it never fails to amaze me how quickly that 50 minute ride goes by!

Through July 4, 2012 Gump's is offering an additional 15% off its already-sale priced merchandise.  You never know what bargains you might find, so take a look for yourselves!

These items caught my eye:

Majolica Foo Dogs
Look at those gorgeous colors!  On sale for $43.99 plus 15% off (roughly another $6.60 off).  What's a room without a touch of an exotic oriental accent?  I am partial to the look and my house has many oriental-styled pieces:



Oncidium Orchid in White Jar
At a height of 15", it could grace a mantle or a tabletop.  White, of course, goes with absolutely everything!  I am buying this for my bedroom.  It's $19.99 on sale plus another 15% off (about $3.00).  I have never been disappointed in Gump's quality and items arrive on a timely basis.  What's not to love?



Black Rose Stems
Wow!  These are sort of spooky looking, but then again, I cannot seem to take my eyes from them.  At three, 21 inches long, for a mere $9.99 plus another $1.50 off, in the right color scheme these would surely find a place.



And, last but not least, I just could not resist these Gianna Rose scented- Scottie Dog Soaps! They're not on sale, but the boxed set is $24.00 -- won't break the bank and what a wonderful gift for a dog-lover. Gianna rose-scented soaps are also available in Daschund and Black Lab doggies :)

3 comments:

  1. Jan, thanks for the heads-up. I haven't heard of Gumps before but I just hopped over to their site and love it too :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have never heard of grumps! But I looked at the website also and it looks great! Love that vase with the orchids! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Taunnie and Erika, I've been a fan of Gump's for several years. They are a venerable old retailer out of San Francisco who specialized in importing exotic goods from Asia and China before the trade was as wide open as it is now. They have high price-points on many of their items but they often do have good sales, especially on clearance items. Looking through their catalog is like looking at Horchow's - gorgeous items but pricey, good for thinking up "the look for less" ideas.

    ReplyDelete