Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Look for Less: Ballard Design's Calais Bedroom

Hola!

It seems there are a lot of bedroom redos and revamps out on the blogosphere the past month or so; or maybe I'm just noticing them more now.  Tonight I went to one of my favorite online inspiration places, Ballard Designs, and lo and behold, they have NINE different bedrooms they are featuring at the present time.

My eye went immediately to the Calais bedroom:


Love at first sight!

Of course, I cannot afford the price-tag of wholesale replacing everything, and even 34 plus years of owning my faux-wood French Provincial bedroom suite hasn't weened me away from loving every line of it - still!  But a girl can always import just a few things to improve her overall look...

I'm a full-size bed girl myself, but for this challenge I chose the popular Queen size and priced things accordingly.  I will be shopping for some (but not all) of the room components:

Camden Tufted Headboard
I chose the Queen's velvet teal in Queen size: $614.00
It's not actually velvet but has the look.  I thought the Queen's velvet teal was the closest color to the color and texture shown in the photograph above

Louis XVI Ottoman
Also in Queen's velvet teal, and I liked the walnut brown finish: $534.00

Calais Duvet
It looks a creamy white and a deep blue, and I love the floral toile pattern that also reminds me of beautiful patterns from the Far East
Queen size: $249.00

Calais Pillow Shams
Euro size: $49.00 (x2)
Standard size:  $39.00 (x2)

Calais Bedskirt
Queen size:  $199.00

Salerno Urn Table Lamp
26" tall, 16" cream shade included: $139 (x2)

Bellesor Mirror
31.5" diameter, antique gold trim: $169.00 (x2)

Torino Demilune
Has 2 drawers, I chose the Tuscan brown finish.  32 1/4" tall, 38" wide, 14.5" deep: $399.00 (x 2)


Total:  $3,086.00.  CHA CHING!

I times two'ed the lamps, mirrors and demilune tables because although the photograph above doesn't show it, the room hints at having the classically matched sides arrangement on either side of the bedstead.

So my challenge is to see if I can get the look for less.  Let's see what I can do without sacrificing too much in terms of quality and style! 

Not included in the challenge: Accessories, rug, white footstool, chandelier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment