Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Unexpected and Unusual Christmas Trees! Part 1

Hi everyone!

For the many days past, whenever I've had a chance (not often), I did some searches for Christmas trees that were decorated in tawny colors; neutral colors; pearl colors; white; black (just for the heck of it); etc. etc. 

Well, one never knows what one may get in a search result at Google, or any other search engine either (Yahoo is especially wide-ranging!!!)  And one never knows from where one may receive incredible inspiration. I came across a couple of these trees during my searches that were so entirely different than anything I've encountered before, I just had to write about them.

But -- I also got my primary inspiration for doing this post from an entry to a blog party.  So, without further ado, I hope you will enjoy this assembly of unconventional and interesting Christmas trees that may not, exactly, be trees at all!

Not in any order at all, except I'm trying to mix up the more "conventional" and "unconventional":

(1)  From a November, 2011 article from Missouri News Tribune:

O Christmas tree, with so many styles, we adore thee
Sunday, November 27, 2011
 
It's not an image of a full tree.  But I could SOOOOO see these colors on my tree since I added my Paul Michael Company long, tall "feathers," as represented in the beautiful butterflies, pine cones and other "tawny colored" elements!  The colors would go perfectly!  I'm thinking ahead to my 2013 Christmas tree, with my precious faux feathers (all 6 of them) installed!!!
 
 
 
(2)  This is THE TREE that inspired me to write this post, from Turtles and Tails blog.  I love how it was gathered, and I love how it was done - actually put together, and I love the love that was behind it's creation:

Christmas Tree Off the Wall? No, It's on the Wall!
November 26, 2012



(3)  From HauteLiving.com:
 
by Marie Look
 
 

More tomorrow!  I'm thinking that I need to buy me some mesh "ribbon!"

No comments:

Post a Comment