Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Oh Happy Day....

Last night while digging around in my still-being-cleaned-out closet, I came across an old jacket that I bought back in 2002 and happily wore until I gained weight and the jacket no longer comfortably fit.  It's hung in that closet, collecting dust, ever since.

Dust!  Geez - so that's what happens to the things stuffed waaaayyyy in the back...  I need to start covering my clothes with plastic covers or at least cheap plastic garbage bags, har!  Yeah, I guess that's a comment on some of my clothing choices...

Anyway, I pulled it out and thought, what the heck.  I tried it on.  IT FIT!  Not only did it fit, IT FIT REALLY WELL!  I can button it with no problem - not even a little slight pull across the chest or the back of the shoulders!  WOW.  So, I tossed it in the dryer to remove the dust and I wore it to work today.  It looked great!

It's by Norton McNaughton - is that brand even in production anymore???  It's a light green color, not acid green but like a light lime green.  The material is a sort of microsuede and it has a slight herringbone weave to it. The workmanship on the jacket is great.  The only "issue" - and it doesn't bother me - is that the jacket is so old the buttons have turned color.  I vaguely recall that the buttons used to match the color of the jacket.  The buttons now are a darker, deeper shade of green than the jacket.  I know the jacket didn't fade because it matches the color of a skirt (not separates, the skirt is by a different maker and doesn't fit -- yet) that I bought to wear with it back in 2002.

I can't believe that jacket really fits!  After all these years.  Now I'm encouraged to try on two other jackets from the same period hanging in that back part of the closet gathering dust.

Here's a photo of the Norton McNaughton jacket:


Eh - too lazy to crop the bottom of the door off.  The jacket looks much cuter in person :)

I stuck one arm in a pocket to show how cleverly those pockets are inserted into the seaming of the front - they are practically invisible. 

I wore the jacket with a simple short sleeve polyester shell of black, blues and greens in a sort of animal print from a time when animal prints weren't even invented yet, the blouse is so old!  But you know how polyester is - it lasts forever.  I added navy dress slacks, and a gold tone chain necklace and it all worked.

I noticed something tonight - my waist is coming back :)  That's why these slacks I bought in August are feeling a little loose these days.  And the periwinkle rain/shine coat I bought in the spring from LL Bean needs to have its buttons moved over - 2.5 inches!  Woo woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment