Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Friday, October 7, 2011

Even More Sweaters!

Three more sweaters from Rainbow Shops purchased on Thursday.  I'll admit these aren't necessarily the best quality construction, but they will do for me during this transition fall/winter just fine, and they're really cute!  Some of the stitching is loose or coming apart on a couple of the sweaters, but an hour's sit-down with a large darning needle and some thin thread will set things to rights.

This sweater was one I posted on my wish list, available at J.C. Penney from Alyx.  I didn't record the price.
This is the Rainbow sweater by Caren Sport, $19.99.  I think it's a fair copy.  I actually like the
roomier sleeves on this version because I'll be wearing a warm turtleneck underneath.
This is the "artist's smock" cardigan I fell in love with when I saw it.  It fits like a dream.
It's a tighter weave and heavier acrylic blend material than the Caren Sport patchwork sweater (above) but
it also has a few areas where a darning needle needs to be applied!  The top part is a creamy beige
color and as you can see, it graduates in bands down to a dark brown border around the bottom.
They're a little hard to see but there are two patch pockets on either side, and two large buttons
close the neck.  The a-line styling is very flattering.  A Rainbow purchase, also by Caren Sport, $19.99.

This is another one of my purchases that doesn't look like much on the hanger, but actually worn
it's very figure flattering.  It will be very cute with a turtleneck underneath and is long enough
to be worn as a sweater dress with tights and boots or worn over slacks as a tunic - I'm not a
leggings or jeggings person.  Rainbow purchase, by DG Sweater Co., $16.99. 

Can you believe those prices!  I'll gladly do a little rescue work on the sweaters because I was able to purchase three of them for less than $60.  Each sweater can be worn either for work with dress slacks or, in the case of the red color block, can be worn as a dress by itself, and will go casually with jeans.  The artist's smock would look great with some corduroy jeans, as would the patchwork sweater. The patchwork sweater and the red color block sweater could - if I get really brave - be adorned with a nice belt in the general area of my reappearing waistline.  What kind?  Something soft that wouldn't dig into me!  Well, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment