Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Friday, May 11, 2012

The Look for Less: Ballard Designs "Bar"

I was onlne paging through the March, 2012 Ballard Designs catalog and stopped at page 5! Gosh, I didn't even get into it!  Saw this buffet or library table that was being used as a bar and said to myself "Self, that is tres cool!" 

Here's the inspiration image (I'm not sure the link will work correctly).  Catalog link, then click to page 5. 


The elements I singled out are:

(1) The table:  Fairmount Console, 32 1-2" high  x 65 1-4" long x 14" deep: $899.  Hardwood, made in Italy.  Worn black or distressed white over gray.

(2) The "Garden Seatl": 18" tall x 10 1-2" width, available in lime, white, or yellow, $139. 

(3) The letters on the wall: Typesetter Plaques, I did not see what material the letters are made out of.  They come in several different finishes, including black, rubbed white, antique gold, antique bronze.  Small letters 12" tall $19 each, 3 for $45; large letters 18" tall $29 each, 3 for $75. 

(4) The lamp: Bordeaux Accent Lamp, 22 3-4" high, 14" diameter shade.  Clear recycled glass body.  $129.  With Empire shade. 

(5) The framed cork board: Madison Corkboard, Acanthus and scallop walnut carved frame, black or cream, both with brown undertones.  Sizes: 28" x 24", $109; 44" x 32", $199 plus $15 shipping; 40" x 60", $299 plus shipping $60. 

(6) The clock:  L'Hotel du Vieux Quartier Clock, crackled dark chocolate face, 23" diameter, beaded brass see-through pendulum and pierced spear hands.  Decoupage over wood composites.  $129.

Sooooo, darlings, while I putter my way to slowly, ever so slowly, removing the wallpaper around the bottom half of the family room and plan my strategy for getting both the front yard and back yard grass cut and trimmed tomorrow in-between rain bursts and possible thunderstorms, this is my latest "the look for less" challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment