Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Found a New Tool Thanks to a Cool Blog!

Today I stumbled across a tool that allowed me to make a "header" for this blog out of photographs stored on my computer.  I am not a very techy person and while I don't consider myself decorating challenged, per se, as much as I just haven't paid attention to decorating since 1996 or so, I was skeptical that this tool would be as easy to use as the blogger said it was.  I know what I like - but creating it - another story! 

Here's a great wonderful THANK YOU AND SHOUT OUT to Joy at a Vintage Green for turning me on to iPiccy!

Well, it is fairly easy to use - sort of.  I believe I understand what are some of the basics okay, but there are a lot of bells and whistles that allow one to do all sorts of creative fancy things with photographs and putting them together in a "collage", one of which I used as my new header for this blog.

I'm still experimenting.  For instance, I don't understand how to get that header "centered" on my computer screen in this blog itself.  I looked around inside of my Blogger stuff but couldn't find anything that I thought applied.  So I experimented around some with the relative size of the "header" I created at iPiccy.  One looked too big and overwhelming, one was too small, and if it's not exactly the right size it looks like it's aligned with the left hand margin rather than being centered over the body of the blog.  Driving me crazy but I've got lots yet to do tonight so I'm settling on this look for now.

It is a wonderful tool, and I look forward to experimenting more with it to see what kinds of collages I can create.  I think it would be neat to do a series of season-themed headers/collages at iPiccy to use for this blog.  And, tee hee, now that I know about iPiccy, there's no reason I have to limit myself to this blog.  Nope -- I can finally do a chess and goddess-themed header/collage for Chess, Goddess and Everything.  Mr. Don will be soooo proud of me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment