Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Sunday, February 24, 2019

HGTV's "Copy Our Cover" - The Look for Less Jan's Way!

Hola!

So, here we are, nearly to March which according to the old saying "March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb" is never true where I live.  In this neck of the woods, you NEVER know what you're going to get for March.  Most people expect some kind of spring in large swaths of the U.S.  But here we might get more blizzards and ice storms and well below "normal" temperatures.

An ice storm on February 23rd; sustained winds of 50 to 65 mph or higher and falling temperatures on February 24th, way below freezing (and sub-normal) temperatures for the entire next week with snow expected (up to 5 additional inches) on February 27th. March welcomes Wisconsinites by spitting on us.  Gee thanks, Mother Nature.

Housebound once again because I refuse to try to kill myself walking on iced-over sidewalks in 60 mph winds, I'm entertaining myself by re-creating my own version(s) of the March 2019 HGTV "Copy Our Cover" feature. I really enjoyed it,  because I am partial to pink, although at present I don't have it in my home decor (with some important exceptions, as you'll see a few posts from now).

Here's the look:


The items total to $3,392.50 (that's my little scribble in the lower right corner).  So, I set out to find items that can give the look or the feel of the look.

The Chair

The chair featured in the HGTV article is the "Stevie velvet chair in ballet pink" at shopsocietysocial.com, for $1,200.00.  It's a swivel chair - fun!

But I wouldn't pay $1,200 for one chair!  So, here are some I found for less money:


Above is the Mercer 41 Jax Swivel Barrel Chair in pink, $429.99 at Wayfair.


Above is the Abbyson Jaxson Velvet Swivel Chair in pink, $394.39 at Overstock.  


Above is the Safavieh Couture Clara Quilted Swivel Club Chair in dusty rose, $361.67 at Overstock.

I couldn't find a skirted to the floor option in pink that was less than $1,200, but I did find this kicky alternative - see what you think: The sweetest deal of all - this is the Cynthia New Velvet Swivel Chair with loose cover in fuchsia, $185.99 from GDF Studio available through Walmart, pictured below:


I wouldn't call that color "fuchsia" by any stretch of the imagination; it's purple!  But I love the skirt to the floor and it's overall shape, and the fact that the swivel mechanism is hidden.

Right now I'm planning on doing the area rug last - simply because I found so many options that I fell in love with that offer options with the colors (including options to go with the "fuchsia" above), but there are so many of them.  Next up, the one featured throw pillow and the side table!

No comments:

Post a Comment