Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Monday, February 25, 2019

HGTV's Copy Our Cover - The Look for Less Jan's Way Part II

Hola!

My goal is to try and find options to replicate in similar colors and "feeling" if not identically copy the exact pieces in HGTV's March 2019 "Copy Our Cover" feature:


Part I link: Chair options.

The Throw Pillow

The HGTV pillow selection is the Hound and Partridge Leopard 20" x 20" cotton pillow in butter yellow, $41.50 at zazzle.

The first option is from Society6, the Modern white chic faux gold foil Leopard Print throw pillow, $39.99 for the 20" x 20" size when not on sale, currently on sale for $31.99, pictured below:



The second option is from the roostery.com, the Catalan throw pillow in summer leopard in yellow, by domesticate, cover only, in 18" x 18" size (the only square size available), $37.  Available with pillow insert for $8 more, pictured below:


The Side Table

HGTV's selection is the Gabby Annie 24" H x 19 1/4" diameter resin side table, $471 at houzz.com.

I concentrated on looking for (1) similar shape (drum table; hour glass table) and (2) much lower price!  I didn't restrict myself to resin.

I love the glam of this table.  It's much smaller than HGTV's selection, but it's got an antiqued hammered copper metal finish from Uttermost.  This is the Cutler Drum Shaped Contemporary Drum Shaped Accent Table, 19.875" H x 13 1/2" diameter, at Sleek Modern Furniture, $140.80, pictured below:


This equally glam piece is about half the price of the Uttermost table above!  It's the Edgemod Signy Drum Table with Marble Top, an antiqued brass finish over iron base, 19.3" H x 15.75" diameter, $75.60 at Hayneedle, pictured below:


Next up is Holly & Martin's Ocala Hyacinth Accent Table (natural finish), 19" H x 17.5" diameter, $70.97 at Overstock.  The table is made out of iron, rattan and water hyacinth, pictured below:


I'm thinking I've developed something of a fetish for metal tables, hmmm, for my next selection takes us back to a gorgeous copper finish.  This is the Antiqued Copper Drum Accent Table at Pier 1, 24" H x 18" diameter (close to the dimensions of HGTV's selection), mango wood top with iron base finished in a copper patina finish, $199.95, pictured below:



I found this understated sophisticated beauty at Overstock.  It's the HomePop Hourglass Metal Accent Table in Gold with Mirror Top, 22" H x 17" diameter, $67.99, pictured below:

The Planter

I had a hard time with this match up, not because there is a lack of options but because there are far too many!  HGTV's selection was one of a pair from Wayfair, the Fegley Retro Chic concrete planters in teal at $30 for mixed set of 2, smaller one chosen at a mere 3 1/4" H.  That's pretty short, but it looks about 7 inches or so wide.  You may not be able to see it very well in the HGTV page here (but if you have the March 3019 magazine it's quite clear on the cover), but the coffee mug, which is an 8 ounce regular coffee mug, is a little over half the height of the planter - so the planter can't be only 3 1/4" tall!  But I stayed within those parameters when shopping for my picks.  There are endless selections if I'm not limited to a 3 1/4" height!

Both of my selections are from Amazon.  The first is offered by My Gift, Rustic Style Turquoise Ceramic Floral Design Succulent Plant Pots/Mini Herb and Cacti Planters, 3 1/4" H x 3" square width, $19.99 for a set of 3, pictured below:


This is the Dahlia 3" Vintage Style Floral Detail Succulent Planter/Plant Pot/Floral Pot in Teal, 3.7" H x 4.7"W x 4.9"L, $18.99, pictured below:


I like the rustic/rough texture and the pop of the pink flowers with yellow stamens - these delicate pink and yellow accents really pick up the color scheme in the room!

The Coffee Mug

HGTV's mug selection is the Recreation Center Grid 8 ounce clay mug, $40, bando.com.

Suffice to say I doubt I'd ever pay anywhere near $40 for a coffee mug, but I was appalled at how expensive "decorative" mugs can get!  I found some designs I really liked, but the mugs were often ridiculously large - I mean, seriously - who drinks their coffee out of a 21 ounce mug?

Something does not compute.  This is Target's Threshold 21 ounce Stoneware Mug Pink/White.  It is decorated with tiny little gold "flowers" and has a "brownish purple" handle (per a Q/A at the website).  It's dimensions are 3.75" H and 5.5" W, $5.99, pictured below.  I just can't see this mug holding 21 ounces of liquid!  Am I wrong?



This selection is also from Target's Threshold collection, a 15 ounce Porcelain Hello Gorgeous Stackable Mug Pink/Gold, 3.52" H and 5.35" W, $5.99, pictured below:



If you like options like I do, you may fall in love as I did with this painted pair of coffee mugs offered by World Market.  Either one of these would work well in the room's color scheme:  Hand Painted Mosaic Mugs Set of 2, 4.53" H x 3.74"W, 14 ounce each liquid capacity, in shades of black, white, yellow, blue, pink and turquoise, $15.98 for the set, pictured below:



I also took a look at Zazzle and found this mug - along with four variations for styling options for an additional cost:  Coffee mug with eclectic pink and yellow design, 11 ounce, 3.8" H x 3.2" W, base price of $16.75, standard mug pictured below:



Art in the next post, then the hardest selection of all - an area rug!  

No comments:

Post a Comment