Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Saturday, September 17, 2011

I can't believe I'm doing this...

But I AM! 

A conglomeration (is that a word?) of events coalesced to trigger some sort of post-menopausal hormonal overload and a paradigm shift - and here I am, starting a new blog.  I don't have time to do the original blog for Goddesschess, let alone all the other things I am supposed to be doing and/or taking care of on a daily basis.  Oh well!  As the titty said to the kitty, life is tough, kiddy.  LOL! 

The actual quote is, I believe, something like "Tough titty, said the Kitty, the milk tastes shitty."  I like paraphrasing where appropriate...

The Events That Conspired To Send Me Over The Edge...

(1)  Deciding to go to St. Louis for Goddesschess to attend various chessly events!
(2)  Finding Ari Seth Cohen's fabulous blog, Advanced Style, which features mostly (but not exclusively), older New Yorker natives dressed to the nines and loving every minute of their lives!
(3)  The coming and passing of my 60th birthday on August 19th.

So, perhaps two months ago (more?) - I went on the hunt for suitable clothes to wear to the St. Louis functions. I needed chic but casual, I needed a black dress and fancy shoes for the Saturday evening dinner of the Chess Collectors International that I would be attending, I needed a comfortable travel outfit, and I need to fit it all into one bag, which I would check. Suffice to say St. Louis sent me on a shopping frenzy, and that is how I found Advanced Style and also happened to get re-acquainted with Vogue magazine and all sort sof other things, while doing frantic searches for "clothes for older women." LOL! I will start copying those posts from the Goddesschess blog to here. They are closely akin to the subjects of the Goddesschess blog, but on the other hand, they are intimately intertwined with the entire Weave of Goddesschess, so I will leave them in place there.

Along the way I have found websites and blogs that I had no idea existed until I needed them - true inspirations!

So - I'm doing this entirely new blog for myself, and only for myself.  It's not for Goddesschess, it's not for our chessly group; it's all just for me. 

Am I getting selfish in my middle age?

No comments:

Post a Comment