Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spring Photos

Tonight it's forecast to drop into the low 40's and possibly the high 30's.  Brrrrrr, it's going to feel so damn cold after the uber-warm (abnormally warm) March we've had this year.  It rained off and on all day and night Friday (I had a day off, wouldn't you know it -- poured buckets on me while I walked the half mile to the bus stop in the early afternoon to get to the Women's Clinic to have a mammogram done), and yesterday defied all forecasts by staying foggy and damp all day long.  I actually turned the furnace back on!

But all the rain caused an absolute EXPLOSION of growth in my yards.  Peonies are way up high, bleedings hearts are way up high, day lilies are way up high, even the barberry bushes out front have blossomed out already and that has never happened this early.  The plum trees in the backyard likewise have sent up their lovely pink blossoms; yesterday nada; today BOOM!  Just like that.


Barberry bushes already budding out -- and look - still haven't had a chance to clean up leaves and dreck from last winter!  In fact, the mugo pine is still bent over in places from the last snow storm we had, wet heavy snow, that flattened it down, poor mugo pine!


The plum trees in the back yard.  The arbor blew down in the last wind storm we had some weeks ago; I put it up and re-staked it after I took these photos :)  You can see it laying on it's back in this photo, lower left.


This photo shows a bit more of that gorgeous blue sky!

Grass needs to be cut, but not today.  It's alredy 4:23 p.m.  Been up since 7:30 a.m. and what did I do today?  Read the newspaper, ordered wallpaper online (finally), did some emails, worked on the family tree a little bit, did a little blogging.  Geez, where does the time go?


Shaggy grass already!  Plants coming up around the tree, and I haven't cleaned out the remains from last year yet.  Sigh.  Curb and gutter needs to be swept out.  Maybe I'll do that later.  It's a beautiful day today, but a little cool - only in the 60's.  LOL!  That's such an outrageous statement for SE Wisconsin at this time of year! 

Unfortunately I heard on the radio that some areas tonight might be under a frost warning!  Geez, after everything has sprung up so much, that would cause tons of damage.  Not so worried for my green things; my backyard has it's own little micro-climate and seems to be pretty frost resistant.  Now I've got go throw out some more nuts for the squirrels, who are doing sommersaults on my table on the deck...

No comments:

Post a Comment