Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Look for Less: Ballard Designs "Bar" 3

The inspiration image:


I wanted to add this sideboard/table that I found at Penney's and emailed myself back on May 4th, but I somehow overlooked it when I posted about "the look for less" tables and/or sideboards.  It's gorgeous but it's pricey too, at $700, and it's not the same look, per se.  For one thing, it is a brown-finish (not black) and for another, it's got a full "back" on it -- but I think you'll see why I selected it as a possibility for those with the budget:


This is the Kings Bay Buffet Server for $700.  The size is good (compared to the sideboard/table in the inspiration photo): 58 long x18 wide x42" high.  It is made out of rubberwood and poplar and has a mahogony finish (isn't it pretty!)  It has two drawers and two shelves in addition to the top.  The high detail on the turned legs and the proportions are beautiful.  This is a much more traditional look than the inspiration table - it reminds me of the English countryside or the antebellum South.

And now, on to the clock!  Here is the information on the clock in the inspiration photo:

L'Hotel du Vieux Quartier Clock, crackled dark chocolate face, 23" diameter, beaded brass see-through pendulum and pierced spear hands. Decoupage over wood composites. $129.

Hmmm, in looking over my various selections I wasn't very true to the brown/bronze colored face, but I did stick to 23" diameter.  There are tons of wall clocks available on the internet and you may be able to find a really great bargain for yourself in the perfect colored clock face that you love!  Here are my "the look for less" selections:

From Overstock.com, Wood Provence Wall Clock, for $69.00:



Slightly over 23" in diameter.  Personally, I think the black-and-cream clock goes much better with the black "bar."

I took a different turn with this clock (it's got a frame), but think it would look gorgeous on my (your) wall -- with or without the Ballard Designs inspiration bar look.  From Amazon.com, Floral Center Beige and Black wall clock, slightly over 23" in diameter, for $69.99:



Back to Overstock.com for a blatantly French look in the Casa Cortes Republique Francaise Metal Wall Clock, $65.99, with a dark brown metal frame, 23" diameter:


No comments:

Post a Comment