Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Amazing Chandelier and Vegas Update

Hola from Las Vegas!

Check out this absolutely incredible gorgeous chandelier from the Henri Bendel shop at the Forum Shops at Caesar's Palace:


It is a beautifully decorated and arranged show case for Bendel wares.

Thelma and I are having a great time. The weather is perfect!  In the 80's, sunny and dry dry dry!  We've packed in a lot already and still more to come.  Tonight we are going to see a show at New York New York, tomorrow Thelma booked a half-day tour of Hoover Dam.  Today we discovered at the Fresh shop in the Forum shops at Caesar's Palace that they are offering a 60 minute facial for $50 which can be applied toward the purchase of any of their products.  Now is that an absolutely amazing offer or what?  I am seriously thinking about it and having that facial I've always wanted to do here rather than spending the money to go see Rock of Ages.  Or maybe I will splurge and do both.  Despite bouts of shopping the only things I've purchased were refills on my Bare Escentials mineral make-up and Prime-Time Primer during a stop at Sephora. So I have spending money left over, darlings :)

This morning I introduced Thelma to the awe and wonder of L'Bri's Gentle Facial Peel, which is 100% natural ingredients and uses fruit enzymes to gently lift dead skin cells away from the surface of your face, leaving skin baby smooth and soft soft soft!  She doesn't have fine lines and wrinkles yet but I do, and I swear by this product for making me look much younger than my years.  It encourages the growth of new skin cells in skin of all types and ages.   I showed Thelma how I give myself a facial every few days with my L'Bri products and she too used the facial peel as well as the moisturizer afterward.  Then I gave Thelma a couple of lessons on how to use primer and apply mineral make-up, since she has always used liquid foundation (which was not really working for her skin type and causing break-out issues).  She has never heard of primer until I told her about it yesterday and so I gave her a quick run-through on what the product is and what it does and we picked out a product for her to try. 

The proof is in the pudding, at the old saying goes.  After we breakfasted at the iconic Peppermill (Thelma loved the place), we spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon at the Forum Shops at Caesar's Palace and had a good girly time window shopping and I even got Thelma to try a few items on at H & M, but she thought they didn't suit her.  She didn't show me what they looked like when she tried them on -- my guess is that she looked fabulous and sexy and young and it startled her a little.  She is very conservative in her tastes. 

We didn't get back to the hotel until close to 2 p.m. local time.  Right now we are taking a little alone time.  Thelma is at the pool, I am staying out of the sun with my sensitive old skin and catching up a little on my chess games, blogging a little, and clearing mountains of emails!  I never knew I was so popular :)  Anyway, about that pudding -- Thelma's make-up was still perfect even after all our activity this morning and being in and out of the sun walking and all the wandering around the shops.  She was just amazed and very happy!  I am sure she thought I was exaggerating when I told her that I loved my mineral make-up and it was the best thing (aside from L'Bri's gentle facial peel) that ever happened to my face.  Now she knows better.  There was no clumping or smearing make-up, no build-up of makeup on her cheekbones where her sunglasses sit, no discoloration due to excessive oil formation (a natural skin defense against irritation) affecting pigments in the make-up and interacting with the chemicals in the liquid foundation.  Liquid make-up was not kind to Thelma's skin type, nor was it to mine after I went through menopause.  Mineral make-up is probably the answer, and I am sure she will be able to quickly master the techniques I showed her for applying it.  I expect many of her skin issues will clear up too, now that she will no longer (hopefully) be using harsh chemicals on her face and over-stimulating oil production.

Am now pondering what outfit to wear to the show tonight.  You are not going to believe this, so I'm just going to tell you about it.  I remembered on Monday night while I was packing my suitcase a pair of dressy silky feeling slacks that I wore years ago, before I started having weight issues.  I thought I remembered keeping them.  I dug through my storage and - sure enough - out came those slacks!  Wrinkled to be sure, but otherwise perfectly preserved.  And, guess what - they were a size 10.  I thought, no fricking way will these fit.

Guess what - they did.  I gave them a quick launder and packed them.  They need to be touched up with an iron.  So now I have sexy silky slacks, woo woo!  No high heels to go with them -- will not even think about killing my feet and probably myself too trying to teeter around walking in those suckers!  I have decent dress flats that I brought along, so now it's down to deciding what top or tops to wear.  Should it be the lacy white sweater over the sexy spaghetti strap tank top that I would NEVAH wear anywhere else except here, in this city?  Or the pleated butterfly sleeve top that I bought a few years ago and wore in St. Louis for the cocktail party at the grand opening of the chess museum. Hmmm, decisions, decisions.  Right now got to get ironing and then jump in the shower.  Hair and make-up will be fully redone.

Oh, hello - this is a self-photo that I took of myself in my room:



Not a very good one but it will do, and no, I am not having a baby.  That would be the most miraculous conception since the Virgin Birth.  Just the way the blouse looks - I didn't think I looked that broad and poofy in person, geez!  Time to get off this plateau weight and shed more pounds...

No comments:

Post a Comment