Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Removing Carpeting from the Stairs - Continued

Hola darlings!

Day 2 of my project.  Another hot and uber-humid (dew point is like 70 and no, that is not the same as humidity, it is even WORSE) here in Milwaukeeland and so I'm house bound again.  I did my trek to the Pick 'n Save way early this morning to pick up wine and toilet paper (BASIC necessities) and food (not a necessity during this heat as my appetite totally disappears and I have to force myself to eat, even within the air-conditioned comfort of Maison Newton).

 I read the Sunday newspaper while having my one allowed cup of coffee per day, and started blogging at Goddesschess (my other blog).  And then it struck - the energy to finish removing the carpeting from the first seven stairs toward the landing going upstairs!

And I got it done, darlings, I got it done.  Woo woo!  Look - except for the toilet paper (that I was on my way to deliver upstairs when the energy to remove the rest of the carpet struck) and a few miscellaneous tools, and don't mind that horrid excuse for "padding" still on the treads, I've got more or less carpet-free steps:


Let me tell you, step 2/tread 3 were real beyatches and you can see lots of left-over carpeting still stapled into the wood, all of which will now have to be hand-picked out with a screwdriver leveraged with a hammer.  Arrgggh!

But - progress has been made, and I'm so happy.  In fact, I was so pumped up, I started on the second set of stairs from the landing up to the second floor hallway.  Woo woo woo!  That's only five full stairs!   However, am now stumped with some particularly stubborn staples on riser two.  I may have to put a new cutting blade into the box cutter to cut the carpet in order to get better pulling leverage.  That means I'll have to unscrew the box cutter, take out the old blade and insert a new blade.  I hope I'm able to put it back together the right way!

However, I am taking a break at the moment to eat a very late lunch and maybe take a nap after, before even contemplating going back out into the mucky, steamy weather to cut the other half of the front lawn, once the shade comes around. I knew I should have done it yesterday when it was just as mucky but about 10 degrees F cooler, but I just couldn't bring myself to get out there and do it.  And the backyard remains to be cut, too...

I wonder if Milwaukee has "Rent a Husband" service available?  I need some muscle around here to get this done! 

1 comment:

  1. I can't tell you how impressed I am!!!
    Amazing that you did that yourself - I know it's not easy - but look at what you have now!
    ( and I know that TP was there in case you had an accident LMHO )
    xox

    ReplyDelete