Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Saturday, December 21, 2013

A Frank Discussion About "Domestic" Violence

I wrote the posts (linked below) at my other blog, Goddesschess, where I often post articles about violence against women and children in other parts of the world.  I'm posting the links here, too. 

It was Brenda at Cozy Little Home who got me thinking about this. 

The original post Brenda did was on December 9, 2013:  The Loss of a Blogger.  It reported the murder of a fellow blogger, in Michigan, USA, Christine Keith, and her son from a prior marriage, by her estranged husband, Randy Keith.  He shot and killed both of them and then turned the gun on himself. 

 Brenda did another post, on December 18, 2013:  When Women Try to Leave.  Some details emerged about the horrible events -- three children, 8, 6, and 3, are now orphans.

I decided to write about my own personal experiences, both as a victim of "domestic" violence and as an advocate for victims of "domestic" violence.  We can act like ostriches, or we can take our heads out of those holes in the ground that we create for ourselves and face the reality of the world we live in.  It's not all prettiness and light.  But there are things we can do to make it better.  Knowledge is power. 

Solemn Thoughts Near Christmas: Intimate Memories
Solemn Thoughts Near Christmas: Intimate Memories 2
Solemn Thoughts Near Christmas: Intimate Memories 3

No comments:

Post a Comment