Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Mario Buatta: The Prince of Chintz (and English Country Style!!!)

Hola everyone!

I've got a thing for English Country.  While I'm not "chintzy" per se (I'm sometimes frugal but not chintzy, har!) I think if you look at my overall approach to decorating Maison Newton, you'll see that English Country influence expressed here and there.

I've ooohed and aaahed over Mario Buatta's interiors ever since the 1970's when I was living in apartments, and I've never stopped.

This month's edition of Ruby Lane's online magazine has a feature article on Mr. Buatta, not very long, that you may enjoy reading. 


I love this bedroom.  This is a Mario Buatta room.  The classic design principles incorporated into this room designed years ago by Buatta are incorporated and used in countless bedrooms today, right down to the glittery "chandy."  The photo is from a 2009 article in The Examiner. 

2 comments:

  1. Jan,
    This room really caught my eye!! I love it and you know that I would love it !!

    Thanks so much for stopping by and for all of your kind words. I have been so busy and so stressed out lately that i have not been a good Friend and visited you. i am so sorry.

    I hope to do things differently this year and take time and focus on ME but you did already read my post about My One Little Word for 2014.

    I am slowly taking down Christmas. I am in no hurry. I have been a bit under the weather with my IBS.

    Wishing you a Happy and a Healthy New Year, my friend!!

    Many Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie, thanks so much for visiting. I know you haven't been feeling well lately, and you certainly have had an overpacked schedule the last several months. I'm so glad you are taking the time in 2014 to concentrate on yourself and your own well-being, and that means saying "no" sometimes, hard as that may be! I'm not ready to banish Christmas entirely from Maison Newton yet! I am totally enamoured with the decorations I did this year and I don't want to say goodbye to them yet. Even after the tree comes down in the front room, I will keep the mantle pretty much as it is; in fact, I've been adding framed deer pictures printed off the internet, from Christmas cards and even my new 2014 Journal/Sentinel calendar -- the cover is gorgeous. I'll have to take a photo of it and post it! You take care of yourself, my blogging friend. You know I am a big fan of yours and I want you to be healthy and happy! Happy New Year, Debbie (and to Joe). JN

      Delete