Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Shezebo Is Assembled and Installed!

It has turned out to be a perfect weather day for the install - not too humid, not too hot, a breeze, temperature in the mid-70s!  The two installers arrived shortly after 8 a.m. and got to work right away after I showed them where I wanted the Shezebo located.  Here are some photos of the ongoing process.  I took the photos through the screen of the patio door to stay out of the guys' way, you can see the screen close up, LOL!


There is no way I would ever have been able to do this, even with an army of helpers -- way too much hardware and parts!


Pictured above are some of the roof panels and various parts/hardware.


I am itching to get outside and arrange some of the furniture with the new cushions and the footstools and put down the outdoor rug.

I haven't painted the coffee table - I'll start that project tomorow.

Oh - and I forgot in the last post, I wanted to show you the "smart solar" water fountain/bird bath that I bought on Wayfair:


She's got a remote on/off so I don't have to rely on an automatic timer and stands 46" tall.  This is the Lapham Floor Fountain by Rosalind Wheeler.

2:05 p.m. Update:

Introducing you to my new - Shezebo!


She's already doing her job - making shade!  She's so lovely, and just the perfect size for my yard (like Goldilocks said, not too big, not too small, just right!)  The guys put up the mosquito netting and tied it back and that was the last touch.

Altogether, the assembly and install took 5.5 hours, 8:00 a,m. to 1:30 p.m., but half an hour was a lunch break.  The installers cleaned up everything, every last bit of plastic and cardboard, including the boxes the Shezebo was shipped in, and hauled it away in their van.

I'm going to hose down and broom clean the patio and then start moving in furniture/furnishings, whoop whoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment