Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Thursday, April 11, 2019

Temptingly Cute Finds at TJ Maxx

Hola!  The tail-end of that nasty big storm front is now leashing my home town with thunderstorms, which are promised to blow out of here by rush hour tomorrow morning.  We'll see.  As a positive, the rain NOW is melting away the snow that fell yesterday, in a massive blizzard-like bombardment of hummingbird sized snowflakes that coated and stuck to everything!  Wowsers!

At Christmas I received a Gift Card that is usable at Homegoods, TJ Maxx and related stores.  While I'm listening to Rachel Maddow's show on MSNBC on internet radio, I'm browsing TJ Maxx for their "New Arrivals" and have come across some really cute cute cute stuff!

Succulents Anyone?

It was hard for me to believe that these are actually artificial succulents (they look like jade plants to me).  They are the cutest things!  The set is available at TJ Maxx online right now (no saying how long) for $14.99 for the pair of black ceramic with wood base containers filled with non-removable succulents (darlings - everything is removable if there is a will to remove it, as we know) in gravel base, 3 inch diameter, 4.25 inches tall, $14.99. 

Who Doesn't Love Soothing Healing Crystal Energy?



Also under "recent arivals," this heavy (16 ounces) Calcite Blue Crystal, 4 inches wide, 2 inches high and 2 inches long,  for $7.99. I have two major hunks of crystal in my living room, at present resting on the fireplace mantel.  I also have a small crystal dangling from a chain on the center loop of my mod-style French Campaign bed, so it bathes me with healing energy at night while I sleep. 

Who Can't Use a One-Drawer Mid-Century Mod Vibe Side Table?


I LOVE this table, simple, elegant, industrial, rustic finish and mod, all in one.  Wish I had room for one or two here but alas!  Hand-made from India, it is wood in a natural finish on a metal base, 25.5 inches tall, 18.5 inches wide and 14.5 inches deep, $69.99.  This is a great option for a bedside table (or pair if symmetry is for you), flanking a sofa, or a comfy chair in a reading corner. 

For the Gardeners!


This is beautiful - a great size ceramic planter made in Portugal at a great price, 10 inches wide and 9 inches tall, $12.99.  The glazed finish highlights the "ruffled" edge at the top and the subtle fern design on white background. I see cute-to-gorgeous planters in HGTV's "Curb Appeal" feature in their magazines at prices far beyond what I ever spend, even if I could afford it - it's a PLANTER, for pete's sake!, and I'm always on the lookout for larger planters that will hold their own size-wise on a concrete front stoop, side stoop and patio - but for as low a price as possible. 

On Trend Tropical Print Shower Curtain


Check out this Envogue tropical floral print cotton shower curtain, machine washable, 72" x 72", $14.99.  This could inspire you to redo your bathroom by adding different paint, complementary colored bath mat(s) and towels. 

Wow - I can go on and on, but my bed is calling my name.  Thanks for shopping along with moi. 

1 comment:

  1. Where can I find the side table I have one and can't find a second one anywhere?!

    ReplyDelete