Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Friday, November 29, 2019

HGTV Magazine November 2019 Copy Our Cover - Part 3

Hola everybody!  I am getting a late start today, it is already dark outside at 4:24 p.m. I do not like this time of year.  All I want to do now is get into my PJs and go to bed at 7 p.m.!  After doing a couple of errands that included my mile round-trip walk to the supermarket, got home and unpacked my groceries and the stuff I'd bought at the drug store.  It was cold and damp outside but no wind so I headed back outside to sweep up a massive amount of leaves that had been blown into my driveway and backyard areas by the storm front that came through on Tuesday and strong winds that howled the entire day Wednesday.  Before I knew it, I'd spent another 2 1/2 hours outside (yet again) just sweeping up! 

Okay, enough of that.  Back to the look for less copying HGTV Magazine's 2019 November cover!  Because I didn't post this essentially Thanksgiving display in a more timely manner, I decided to leave out the paper flowers and the pumpkins that I shopped around for (but HGTV Magazine didn't), and show you what I hunted up for the candles and candlesticks, the cake stand, the vase, and the colorful napkins.  As I noted yesterday, these are items that can be used during any season.


The Vase

The HGTV vase is the Ree by Zuo Modern, 12 1/4" tall, ceramic, at $69 (Bellacor.com). 

I found the same pattern vase at Houzz online for less than half price, but it is not as tall as the HGTV pick:  The Ree Vase in blue and white, small (8.3" tall), for $33 with free shipping.  Image below:


The score was found at Amazon online - the Ree vase by  Zuo Modern, 12.2" tall, for $23 with free shipping.  Got to love this! 

The Napkins

The HGTV pick are the Sunshine Dots 16" square cotton napkins in strawberry, $20 for a set of 2, at minted.com.  Image below:



Shopping to try and match napkins is not easy!  I found a set of vaguely similar napkins in terms of color, but not an exact match for the free-form "dots" (almost like a pink leopard print).

I found a set of 4 polyester 18" square Multi-colored Siesta Medallion Napkins at Target for $15; I would call these napkins kissing cousins of the Sunshine Dots napkins:


I found this set of 6 (!) 20 inch square cotton napkins with 2 different shades of pink, blue, yellow and green dots on a white background, Latitude Run Aten Stripe at Wayfair for $18, with free shipping for a limited time:


And, to outdo itself, Latitude Run also offers a different version of the Aten Stripe 20" square cotton napkins at Wayfair for even less money - it appears that the colors in this version of the Aten Stripe napkin are more primary and less pastel, the dots appear slightly larger (?), $12 for a set of 6, with free shipping for a limited time:



It appears that there is more of plain white cotton area without dots around the center of the napkin, judging from the images of this version of the napkins at Wayfair online. 

I'll finish up tomorrow with the cake stands and the candlesticks/candles!  I hope you enjoyed Black Friday!

1 comment:

  1. I'M NOW FULFILL FINANCIALLY BECAUSE OF THE LOAN I GOT FROM LFDS .I would like to bring this to the notice of the public about how i came in contact with LFDS after i lost my job and being denied loan by my bank and other financial institution due to my credit score. I could not pay my children's fees. I was behind on bills, about to be thrown out of the house due to my inability to pay my rent, It was during this period my kids were taken from me by foster care. Then i set out to seek for funds online where i lost $3,670 that i borrowed from friends which i was rip off by two online loan companies. Until i read about:Le_Meridian Funding Service  (lfdsloans@outlook.com / lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com) somewhere on the internet, Still wasn't convince because of what i have been through until a relative of mine who is a clergy also told me about the ongoing loan scheme of LFDS at a very low interest rate of 1.9%% and lovely repayment terms without penalty for default of payment. I have no choice than to also contact them which i did through text +1-989-394-3740 and Mr Benjamin responded back to me That day was the I'M best and greatest day of my life which can never be forgotten when i receive a credit alert of $400,000.00 Usd loan amount i applied for. I utilized the loan effectively to pay up my debts and to start up a business and today i and my kids are so happy and fulfill. You can as well contact them through email: (lfdsloans@outlook.com / lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com)  WhatsApptext  helpline: +1-989-394-3740 Why am i doing this? I am doing this to save as many that are in need of a loan not to be victim of scams on the internet. Thanks and God bless you all, I'm Oleksander Artem from Horizon Park BC , Ukrain.

    ReplyDelete