Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Monday, December 23, 2019

2019 Christmas Decor II

Hola everyone!  Christmas Eve is tomorrow, and all is ready at Maison Newton for a beautiful holiday.  I'll be making a pot roast Christmas but with my special "easy beef burgundy" gravy - soooo good! 

I wish everybody a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and a wonderful prosperous and healthy New Year.

Here are the photos of the Christmas decorations in the kitchen and dining area.  As in the living room, nothing too extravagant, but just enough to add a little holiday fluff and color.

Below is the bookcase that provides me storage below for extra kitchen thingies and my cookbooks/recipe collection folder (you can never have too much storage), dressed up with a couple of cardinals, a "Hot Cocoa Express" metal truck on top, a little snow man that lights up, the second shelf hosts a votive candle holder, and on the bottom shelf is my cardinal snow globe.


Below is the tabletop display made up of two beautiful padded cardinal placemats (they're small, but I don't know what else to call them).  Two more of these were framed for the display above the console table in the living room.  I added two composite deer that have a wood finish I picked up 3-4 years ago on sale at Walgreens, and a pair of faux topiaries with a bit of red, black and white plaid ribbon added around the containers.  Those topiaries are probably close to 30 years old - a gift from one of my nieces.  They came from the old Bombay Company before that closed down.


Next is my little cardinal tree on the peninsula/breakfast bar that divides the kitchen proper from the dining room.  I should probably add a couple of stools to the breakfast bar - but I don't use it for just myself!


The south wall of the dining area opens to the side door to the driveway and holds a small built-in display case.  I put my Christmas cards in the shape of a Christmas tree on that wall each year:


And photos from around the rest of the dining and kitchen areas.  You'll notice that I love cardinals and squirrels :)








There's a bunny too, dressed with the requisite red winter scarf.  There are matching tiered shelves on the other side of the sink (corner sink and corner windows, they look cool but are impossible for me to reach to crank open or to clean unless I'm either kneeling on a board laid over the sink (ouch to my knees!) or on a ladder bending and reaching over (ouch to my back!)



1 comment:

  1. Jan!! Love your Kitchen and Dining Area!! So pretty, my friend!! I too love cardinals and will be decorating the tree in my kitchen and other Kitchen areas with them for Winter.... Your home looks lovely!! Thanks so much for stopping by and for commenting on my friend Anne Marie's home decorated for Christmas She appreciated it!! She bought those silver trees in Kohl's this year...Happy New Year to you!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete