Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Holy Cow - This Is Going to Take Forever to Fluff This Tree!

Hola and oh my goodness.  What have I done?  I am not ready for this!


 Here's the box the new Christmas tree arrived in - after I opened it earlier this afternoon.  When it first arrived, I thought to myself OH OH.  This is going to be one smushed up tree.  How on EARTH did they ever fit a 6.5' full Christmas tree in this box...

Oh boy, I was SOOOOOOO right.  Do you think I should run for President in 2024???  I'll only be 74 years old, much younger than either Trump or Biden.  Think about it - maybe it's time to hire a wise old formerly hot chick attorney to do the job.


It will take me forever to fluff this tree.  Here's the bottom-most third of the tree, I have thus far managed to fluff two branches and not done a very good job of it, LOL!  Something tells me I'll be fluffing for the next five days if I want to try to get the tree to meet up to my expectations.  The tree has 928 tips.  OY!  It looked SOOOOO pretty in the ads selling it. I will have to fluff and fluff until my fingers fall off.  And the "frost" on the branches is barely visible.  Maybe once the tree is properly fluffed it will show up more???  I do like the large pinecones though, that's something anyway :)  

And I also like this.  I don't know if you are able to tell from this not so good photo, but the individual branches on the stems have slightly different color tones, and I really like how it makes this decidedly scrunched up PVC tree look a little bit more "realistic:"

And it looks like all of the "frost" on this tree just happens to be on this one branch that I photographed.  Geez Louise.  I can already see I'm going to have tons of clean-up to do. I KNEW I should have put down a sheet under the tree once I had the stand situated.  Drat!  I will suction up the fall-out from my attempts at assembling and fluffing the bottom third of the tree tomorrow morning - early - and then put a sheet down to (hopefully) catch all the stuff that's going to fall off the tree during the next several days as I assemble, fluff, fluff, fluff until I drop and then decorate.  Oh my sigh (a big one).

No comments:

Post a Comment