Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Vogue's August, 2011 "100 Under $100..."

It's still up and running tonight - don't know about tomorrow.  I don't know when it will switch over to September (or if it does - was this a one-up event?  Don't know - I've only recently started visting Vogue online and I'm not familiar with its modus operandi).

Anyway, it's a really clever idea and I liked scrolling through it.  My eyes lighted upon this "color-block" look - a nice top I thought - I liked the colors, liked the lines, liked the blocking - except it's described as a dress!  For a midget maybe, yeah!


Honestly, darlings, does that look like a dress to you?  A Star Trek uniform for females from the 1960's television series, yeah - but definitely not a dress!


These are two interesting and wearable looks with no alterations needed!  I could not resist the chessboard patterning!  I love the colors and the overall outlines - I think this top and this skirt would be very femme friendly; for those of us who are a little more thick around the middle, a top just a few inches longer (resting at the top of the hips, I think) in a more generous flared cut, and with some ease under the arms, would do the trick:



I love this clutch!  It's so archaeological!  Topshop metal Silver Shanghai print box bag, $90



No comments:

Post a Comment