Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Check Out David Pecaut Square's 2012 Collection

Fashion Week in Toronto!  I came across a link to this article at Xinuanet.com (Chinese propaganda news written for English language folks) while reading about some interesting archaeological discoveries in the Mongolian desert!  The Chinese government throws in "articles of popular interest" to make it seem like Xinuanet is a legit "news reporting website" but no one is fooled, darlings!  LOL!


So, I see this model and I just love her hairdo - or maybe it's the shape of her face, or the shape of the face with the hair with the kookie sunglasses - she's sort of Paris Hilton better looking :)  The outfit she's wearing - blech. 

The looks went rapidly downhill from there; guess I'm not into skin tight barely there swim suits that I didn't find flattering on flat-chested models and somehow managed to still make them look like they had too much flesh because of the "squished in" factor.  Was it just badly fitted articles (frankly, I find that hard to believe) or were they deliberately made to make the models look like they had some body fat and not in a good way?  Either way, I didn't care for them, nor for the no-bra looks.  Come on - do you really think women in Canada are going to go for the nude boobs look?  Granted, I haven't spent a lot of time in Canada, but I have visited Montreal several times and I didn't see women dressing like that!  Most of them, indeed, look like me - a normal woman with a normal figure, not six feet tall and 100 pounds with nothing on her chest to bounce up and down as one walks!  Yeah, they're not exactly going to be flocking to the braless look.  And for a sheer slip of material over your body, you can go to Joann Fabrics and buy some organza, hem it in a large rectangle, wear it like a poncho over a tank top or bandeau bra, and get the same look with some support! And dare I say - for a lot less $$$ too :)

Come to think of it, the look the model above was wearing was fairly close to something normal/saleable.  Guess a lot of designers aren't interested in "saleable" these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment