Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Saturday, March 24, 2012

A Few More Celadon Inspiration Rooms

I found these at beautiful pictures at Swedishdekor.com:


A kitchen fit for a QUEEN!  Do you happen to recognize the rug???  I cannot be 100% certain, but I think it is the same one that I bought at Overstock.com -- just in a different size.

This room is too over-the-top for me, but it's absolutely beautiful.  Loving the floor, do not like the malachite green (or whatever stone that is) on the countertops -- too green, I think it spoils the overall effect of the lovely blue-green celadon tones.  I think the glass mosaic back-splashes are overkill in this space as well.  But hey, that's just me.  I like lux - but not too much!  Notice the use of terra-cotta piping cut to size for use as wine storage!  Very cool.


Master bedroom scene.  You can see that the same stone flooring was used through the entire house, covered by various rugs.  I love these night stands/side tables.  That is the color I am looking for in my accessories for the family room redo.  The oriental bifold screen hung on the wall is gorgeous - they are very expensive (I have priced some of them; even the least expensive ones are way beyond my means).  This rug would go perfectly in my imagined redone family room...


Another view of the master bedroom. This photo gives a good idea of all the different tones of celadon/blue/green that were put together harmoniously in this space.  I am digging the wall color, particularly.  Good feng shui principles have been put to work in this room for the most part, except that part of the candelier is hanging over the bed.  That's a no-no.  No mirrors overlooking the bed at all.  That is a good thing.  Head of the bed is in a good "command" position - one can see the door but one's feet are not pointed directly at the entrance/exit.

I keep thinking maybe I need to paint my long family room wall the same celadon color (or something close) used on the wall in this master bedroom, and use the medium-to-dark taupe on the other upper walls with the white lower wall. But since I already purchased 2 gallons of Family Tree (the Dutch Boy taupe color I'm using) the celadon wall will be put on hold. Solid headboard backs the bed.  And do I really want to go with three wallcolors in my family room???

With the new area rug, Mr. Faux Tang Dynasty Horsey, and a few perfectly-colored accessories, along with yet-to-be-purchased curtains in just the right shade of blue, green or celadon, hmmm..... I thinking my family room is going to look so fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment