Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Saturday, August 6, 2016

Inexpensive Patio Decor Ideas

Hola!  I've been scouting around the internet recently looking for inexpensive ideas to add some pizzazz to my patio and Shezebo.  I've come across some creative and easy (love easy) ideas:

In My Own Style showed me How To Make Inexpensive Wall Art using weather-resistant outdoor table cloths, foam, frames and a staple gun.  Gave me plenty of inspiration to wrap some colorful material (non-dye running material after my experience with the effects of a rain storm on my Indian table runner) around some foam board to mount on the side of my house with Command strips.

Credit:  Website, above, In My Own Style, Diane Henkler, May 30, 2012.
I'm absolutely obsessed with this idea from Ciera Design Studio, Backyard Tin Can Fence Garden, as I have a large expanse of fence  facing the concrete patio that could use a little dressing up:

Credit, website above.   Ciera Design Studio, Ciera Holzenthal, June 1, 2014.  
Ciera screwed her painted tin can planters directly to her wood fence, the easiest and most stable way to hang them, I'm thinking.  But I can also envision, for the crafty (not me, I'm not crafty at all), a series of different lengths of macrome'd pockets looped over the top pickets (or otherwise fastened to the fence) to hold the colorful painted tin cans

And, how about this for totally "on" the wall decor to appreciate at night:

Great Explorations Glow-in-the-Dark Star Explosion (Kohls, about $23 for 725 pieces, including sticky putty).  When I moved into the present Maison Newton (my retirement home), the two kids' rooms had these on their ceilings.  I did NOT take them down and toss them out.  I kept some up on the ceiling in the guest room, but removed them from the ceiling in my would-be den/library; however, I used several to decorate around the crown of my campaign-style poster bed (they help lull me to sleep as I catch glimpses of them subtly glowing in the dark), and I saved the rest.  I just dug them out!  I'll clean off some spots on my Shezebo frame, stick them up, and try them out.  If they work, I'll buy a box and go to down.  What girl doesn't like a little Moonglow and Starlight in her life?

No comments:

Post a Comment