Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Sunday, October 6, 2019

HGTV Magazine July/August, 2019, Copy Our Cover - The Look for Less! Part 2

Hola!  Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to this.  We had a stretch of good weather and I've been really busy with yardwork, including cutting grass that has been growing like nuts this summer (and now, autumn).  Geez Louise!  But for now, I'm sorta/kinda caught up, I'll be back at it tomorrow with my new boy toy (except I'm a old gal), a Ryobi battery operated 4-level 9 inch blade lawn edger that can dig down to a depth of 1.5 inches at its maximum depth.  I ordered it online and it came last week, and I tried it out last Sunday on part of the concrete on the driveway.  I need a bit more practice in order to keep it standing up at a 90 degree angle, I may need to shorten the handle down a bit to get better control.  I've never worked with a tool like this before, it's very powerful and was a little scary/intimidating at first!

So now I'm going to finish Part 2 of the July/August HGTV Mag copy our cover.  Late but now's the time to be shopping for these items, lots of deals to be had out there that weren't available earlier!  What's left to shop for, the pillows and one oar featured in the photographs:



Bicycle on Beach pillow:  $48 (16" x 16" wool)
Aqua Knot pillow:  $47 (20" x 20")
U.S. Power Squadron flag:  $19 (16" x 24")
Oar:  $94 (24" length)
Anchor pillow: $53 (18" x 18")
(Prices above from the HGTV picks)

First up, the oar.  I found this option online at Target for $19.99 (pictured below), the Pillowfort Blue Oar Plaque, dimensions 29.5 inches long, 4 inches wide at widest point, 2.12 inches depth at maximum depth, MDF composite:


I found this cute oar at Hobby Lobby online, Nautical Striped Wood Oar Wall Decor, for $9.99 (on sale now, was marked down from $19.99, pictured below), dimensions 28 inches long, 4 3/4" wide at widest point, 1/2 inch maximum depth, unspecified type of wood:

And now, we come to the throw pillows.  Oh my - so many possibilities and selections to have presented to you, and it's just a matter of individual preference when all is said and done.  Here are a few of my choices:

From Bed Bath & Beyond, this decorated on both sides red/white/blue cutie, Nautical Stripe Indoor/Outdoor Throw Pillow, $24.99 ($19.99 to Beyond+ members), 19" x 19":


Also from Bed Bath & Beyond, another decorated on both sides pillow in red/white blue, Anchor Stripe Indoor/Outdoor Throw Pillow with rope trim around perimeter and embroidered red rope design on the back, $19.99 ($15.99 to Beyond+ members), 20" x 20":


Another Bed Bath & Beyond find, the Destination Summer Anchor Stripe Throw Pillow in red with navy corded trim, $19.99 ($15.99 to Beyond+ members), 20" x 20":


From Better Homes and Gardens online, the Beach Bicyle Decorative Toss Pillow in red (the bike), grey (fence, rocks) and shades of blue, $12.87, 18" x 18":



And back to Bed Bath & Beyond, the Nautical Compass and Anchor Indoor/Outdoor Throw Pillow in a sort of dusty aqua color, decorated on both sides, $24.99 ($19.99 to Beyond+ members), 19" x 19":
The final item on the list, the U.S. Power Squadron flag, is $19.00 for the 16" x 24" size.  I wasn't able to find anything remotely similar for the same or lower price.

Tallying my picks:

Total $377.84 (compare to $1,556):

Belham Living, its Chippendale Deep Seating Whitewashed Porch Swing Bed with Cushion, $237.00 (free shipping)
U.S. Power Squadron flag, $19.00
Red metal side table,  Mebane Metal Side Table by Wrought Studio (Wayfair), $54.00
Nautical Striped Wood Oar Wall Decor (Hobby Lobby), $9.99
Destination Summer Anchor Stripe Throw Pillow, red anchor, blue stripes on white background with navy blue corded trim (Bed Bath & Beyond), $19.99
Better Homes and Gardens online, the Beach Bicyle Decorative Toss Pillow, $12.87
Nautical Stripe Indoor/Outdoor Throw Pillow, (Bed Bath & Beyond), $24.99

Stock for next summer.  I wish I  had a porch to hang such a swinging day bed from!  Or to be able to figure out a cost-effective way to hang one inside my Shezebo.  But then, I'd probably sleep my summers away outside rather than pay attention to the never-ending yardwork chores!



No comments:

Post a Comment