Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Sunday, October 6, 2019

Red Front Door!!!!!!!

Hola! 

I finally got it done, hooray!  I got my front door painted a nice glossy bright red and I'm loving it. 

Let me tell you darlings, it took FOREVER, or so it seemed, to get it prepped and painted.  Not including at least 4 hours dry time after the application of the first and second coats before I closed it for the evening (I wanted to make sure it was dry), it took about 40 minutes to just tape up the hardware, including around the little peep hole, and the inside of the glass, and about two solid hours to pain both coats on.

I think it still needs another coat.  But looking at it from the street level, it looks wonderful.  I still want to try and even out the coats some (maybe tomorrow, it's supposed to stay sunny all day and warm up to about 65).  I didn't think it would be this putzy to paint a door, geez. 

Here is what the door looked like after the first coat:


See how uneven the brushing is.  Yuck!

And this is what it looked like the next morning from the sidewalk approach:


I am hoping I will be very satisfied with what the finished product looks like after the third coat of paint is applied and dried.

No comments:

Post a Comment