Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Thursday, November 28, 2019

Late, Late, For a Very Important Date! HGTV Magazine November 2019 Copy Our Cover

Hola and Happy Thanksgiving to everybody!  I'm as liberal politically as they come - a Wisconsin Progressive no less - the ORIGINAL Progressives from the 19th Century, LOL!  Not quite that old, but getting there, darlings.  Anyway, HAPPY THANKSGIVING.  I'm not at war with Thanksgiving and I sure the heck don't want to rename the holiday.

Now, with that out of the way - let me apologize for posting this today instead of weeks ago as I'd intended.  I got sidetracked by other things, including dental issues that I absolutely will NOT bore you with!  However, some of the items would fit perfectly well into a seasonal holiday/Christmas /winter display and are usable all year round in other styling arrangements, in addition to the beautiful credenza/sideboard.

HGTV Magazine's November 2019 cover featured a gorgeous turquoise colored credenza/sideboard topped with an arrangement of Thanksgiving seasonal items - just so pretty!  Take a look:

HGTV cost breakdown:

Sideboard:              $2,500
Cake Stand:                   75
Vase:                              69
Candles (2):                     6
Candle holders:              29 (small)
                                       32 (medium)
Ceramic Turkey:            33
(painted gold with spray paint by Rustoleum - not priced out)
Flatware:                        39 (set of 5 pieces)
Napkins:                         20 (set of 2)
Paper Flowers:             117 (3 at 39 ea.)
Total:                       $2,920

Follow along as I show you the options I found and total up my selections, to see if I could beat HGTV's total to get the look - that's the goal.  I sure do wish they'd bring back Sabrina Soto's "The High/Low Project" - I just love that show!  You know - most of us aren't on "Property Brothers" budgets.

First up, because it was relatively easy to knock off the list right away - the gold "electroplated-stainless steel flatware."  HGTV's 5-piece set is from westelm.com, for $39.  Well, guess what - West Elm has a sale going on and there are two different gold-eletroplated sets!  The Blair Metal Flatware set in antique brass is now $23.20 (5 pieces) (up to 40% off) and the Smith Gold Flatware set in polished finish is now $20.40 (5 pieces) (up to 40% off).  That's a hefty savings from the original price of $39, I must say.

Blair Flatware
                              
                                             Smith Flatware

One set I found was at Hobby Lobby online - but sadly now it's out of stock online, you would need to check your local store unless they restock online, Gold Cutlery (offered as Christmas decor) is now 50% off the price of $14.99 for a set of 5, to $7.49. I don't think that price can be beat, if you can find it in stock at a Hobby Lobby location near you or it comes back again seasonally next year online.  Sorry!  Image below:


A somewhat more expensive option at Target (but still less than the sets on sale at West Elm), is this 5 pc Stainless Steel Izon Mirror Flatware set in gold by Project 62 for $19.99, it's just gorgeous!  Image below:


More to come - check out the next post to find what I found for the other items.

No comments:

Post a Comment