Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Tuesday, December 15, 2020

2020 Christmas Tree

 I've finally gotten some photos downloaded.  For autumn/winter, I switched out the decor in the living room to include my favorite old teal lamp, and purchased some throw pillow covers and two 4' x 6' area rugs on sale in a beautiful traditional ("Oriental") print in rich colors of turquoise, teal, gold, different shades of darker blue and deep red accents here and there.


I got lazy and decided not to change to out again to go with my "traditional look" Christmas tree I've had for the past few years with primarily gold and red.  I kept the turquoise/teal, and ended up buying some inexpensive non-breakable teal and turquoise ornaments from Amazon to put on my tree along with gold, silver and crystal ornaments from my stash.  I added French ribbon in two different patterns/textures and pulled out my large gold poinsettia picks (13 years old), miscellaneous "hole stuffer" picks that are smaller, my gold-painted pinecones, and three different kinds of icicles.  Gold and silver butterflies that I bought on clearance several years ago from the Jonathan Adler collection complete the tree.





There's "me" (the Nefertiti pendant) and Mr. Don (the souvenir sword
and representation of the Keep from the ancient castle where his his
family's Scots clan originated).  On the tree every year, sentimental as I am.





And the cardinal tree anchors the countertop in the kitchen/dinette:



1 comment:

  1. Jan,
    So god to hear from you!! Thanks so much for visiting both my blogs.... I LOVE your Trees, the rug and your mantel...Everything looks great!! Stay safe, healthy and happy, my friend!!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete